30 Minute Session = Big Tricks

Well… thats just you Sam :stuck_out_tongue:

Is it noticeably lighter?

The unicycle is light :D. But I can quadflip trials wheels. Aaaaand it’s not like other riders don’t have the option of a flat wheel as well. Anyone can buy it. Think about it… If flat unicycles are going to boost the level of people’s flips on flat ‘instantly’ why doesn’t everyone have one? I think they should :wink:

It’s whatevs.

edit: And my cranks are 125mm. Who rides those for freestyle? :roll_eyes:

Hahahahaha, well I lift weights for wrestling. It helps a LOT with unicycling too.

i just can’t belive my eyes :open_mouth:
you are so damn good
keep that up!

WTF! :astonished:

That quadflip looked like a double xD. So easy for you…

You are crazy.

wooooot YOU EVEN CAUGHT THE TREY TRIPLE it just looks so awesome making me going out and ride the uni lOvE iT

Your uni is like 8 pounds, which is crazy. Most trials/street unis nowadays are around 11-12 pounds. The reason why not everyone has one is because not everyone rides flat, and bigger wheels still suit other styles (street, trials) more.
But I have a feeling that a lot more flatland type wheels are going to be sold, as it would be really tough to catch up with your flips without a flat/freestyle uni haha.

Your vids are pumping money into the uni economy:p

Well yeah, of course people who ride street and trials need a fat tire. But for flatland…thin tire ftw :wink:

Thanks everyone. :slight_smile:

hey, you’re getting really really good, and you’re so young, i can’t imagine the level you’ll have if you still ride at my age…
it’s definitely motivated me to use again my 20 inch wheel

I’m not going to go out and buy a freestyle uni just to land a one handed quad on flat. If I cant do it on my street uni then its useless to me.

Makes sense to me. Obviously I didn’t get a flat wheel to do a quadflip :wink:

I just capitalized on the strong points of a special unicycle to do a trick that I have always thought would be awesome. My style of riding has always been roll/wheelwalk combos and flips on flat, and my unicycle is just perfect for those things.

edit: And thanks, Bobousse :slight_smile:

no words :astonished:
i will stop unicycling…

No, don’t do that. That’s a really bad idea, actually.

Great riding… I liked the kick flip

But I wonder how much is just random luck? Do you just crank flip like crazy and hope to land it?

So I made this video to illustrate (60 Hz slowed to 30)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Xkt3cyUOY

I just threw it, and after a few attempts, caught one and showed that it in the video.

its actually no random luck :smiley:

You are so insane I can’t even tell what you are doing anymore but I know its crazy.

Also if you can/could 1-handed quadflip with a trials tyre, do you reckon you could 2-handed…uhhhm…5 Flip? down an obstacle with a flatland tyre?

As for random luck… uhh… I don’t know really. I have to kick differently for triples and quads, and I can definitely feel the difference between the two. I can one handed quad on flat now almost consistently.

I was trying quintflips a few days ago, one handed and I almost landed 4.5 or 4.7ish. With two hands I stuck a few, but it’s going so fast I was just immediately bounced off the unicycle hahaha. It’ll take some practice, but I want to do it on flat…

WTF!!! you sick Eli! you landed quintflip? :open_mouth:

I never said that, but I’m close :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah its waaay nothing to do with luck. Once you know how much pressure to put into a kick you can just tell. Same with doubleflips, once you can kick a double you know exactly how much pressure you want. Sometimes you will land the odd 1.5 and it will be painfull. But all comes with practice, not luck. Same with quads.