3" slick in U.K?

I’ve had a really worn Halo Contra 3" on my Muni for ages. All the knobbles have worn off except for the side ones and it’s effectivly become a slick.

I really like this tyre for the streets but a couple of days ago put a new Halo Contra on. This has got all the knobbles intact. It’s not a bad ride on the streets, but noticably not as good as the worn one.

I’ve come to the conclusion that I’d be better off with a 3" slick, I think I’d rather lose a bit of traction off road and have a nice ride on road.

I’ve seen posts about Hoggy G’s and Fireballs, does anyone know where I can get them in the U.K. or any other 3" slick in the U.K.?

the maxxis hookworm could be an option if it fits on your rim, ask roger,

what i’d like though is a 19x2.5 slick

you could just stick with the old tyre till it pops. which will take a while.

If your really committed to the idea I don’t see why you couldn’t get the new 24x3 tyre & cut the nobbles off with a sharp knife.

The HookWorm is pretty smooth but I think it is designed to be run hard, probably harder than ideal for combination road & Muni.

//\

The Hookworm is a fast hard tire designed for some street riding. However, this tire is not designed for street cruisin, a 'la trials. Definately pick up a Fireball or a Hoggy G.

evilewan
the maxxis hookworm could be an option if it fits on your rim, ask roger

It’s not fat enough, I realy want a 3"

mike.hinson

If your really committed to the idea I don’t see why you couldn’t get the new 24x3 tyre & cut the nobbles off with a sharp knife.

I’m more inclined to ride them off as the tyre will last longer. Also, I may put the old tyre back on and save the new one for winter/mud/off road stuff

AccordNSX
Definately pick up a Fireball or a Hoggy G.

I would if I could, but they don’t seem to be available in England