1st normal UPD on guni (not too bad)

While riding uphill on wet concrete yesterday, I rode over a stick that happened to be facing my direction.

I was riding uphill and the ground was still wet from the storm that deposited the stick in the first place. Uphill means less reaction time (but less speed – maybe that’s a trade-off?). Well, I fell awkwardly, lurching forward and to my right. Happily, I always wear wrist guards while riding my guni, so I came away unscathed. In fact, I was rather glad it had happened, because now I have that UPD under my belt and can learn from it.

So what did I learn:

1. Just my luck: I’d filled up the tire only that morning, going from a squishy 20psi to a robust 50psi. Perhaps rainy conditions merit a flatter tire.

2. Always wear wrist guards. Glad I did.

3. Knee pads would be a good idea. I have them but don’t wear them. Maybe I need to get thinner ones.

PS: My other UPD where I actually ‘fell’ was when the gear mechanism failed and I coasted forward and landed on my back.
PPS: 600 miles with only one ‘normal’ UPD – I don’t mind those odds.

[QUOTE=David_Stone]
In fact, I was rather glad it had happened, because now I have that UPD under my belt and can learn from it.

[QUOTE]

righteous attitude.