1 Foot WheelWalk challenge

Grip tape is an excellent idea, I’ll get one, thank you!

Have fun,
UVcycle

Hi,

No 1ftww session today, but I took unibokk advice regarding the slippery crown. I went to skate a shop and bought strip of grip tape, 2 minutes of work and the result seems pretty good. I did it on the left side too to keep the muni balanced :slight_smile:
Actually it looks too grippy :smiley: but I assume that it is only because it’s new…

So I run out of excuses and I have to go and practice :wink:

Have fun,
UVcycle

Looks good. Let us know how the grip tape works in practise.

Day 8 -1h30min | Total: 11h50min

Wow, Wow, Wow!!!
I had an excellent 1ftww session today. Just after work, I took myself and rode to the local skatepark. It was very hot and humid afternoon, but I thought that it’s a good chance to practice on that flat smooth surface.

First of all @unibokk, the grip tape was great! Although I think I need to wrap it around the crown, so it won’t peel.

From the first try I felt more confident and balanced - something happened! I would say that it’s kind of breakthrough :smiley: don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I can say that I mastered the 1ftww, I’m gonna spent hours till I’ll be there for sure, but I already know that I can do it and it feels sooooo good :D:D:D

Some news from today:

• I mount very quickly with minimum support.
  • I have more control with my foot (several times I even succeeded to control the direction)
  • once or twice I doubled the distance I used to ride

Can’t wait for the coming weekend, the skatepark is my target now :smiley:
I didn’t take video today, although I had my phone and the gorilla tripod with me, because there were many kids all around and I didn’t want someone to smash it. Next time I’ll think of something to hang it securely and take some shots.

Have fun,
UVcycle

That’s great progress. Have you tried using your resting foot as a drag brake?

I didn’t try it, but it happened unintentionally several time, and I’ve noticed the potential of that. It just seem too early to put another variable in the equation… :wink:

Have fun,
UVcycle

[QUOTE=UVcycle; It just seem too early to put another variable in the equation… :wink:

A wise decision. It’s always best to keep it simple when learning a new trick,especially when it’s a really difficult trick like the one foot wheel walk.Take your time and have fun!

Thanks unibokk!

How could I forget… @waaalrus, now I can say that I know exactly the importance of the leaning towards, thank you for that!

Have fun,
UVcycle

Day 9 -2h00min | Total: 13h50min

Hi,

2 more hours today at the skate park.
I think I’ve got the idea, and I just need more time to get consistent and make more distance.
yep, from today I’m going to try to enlarge the distance I ride to the point I’ll feel it’s time to move on to the next 2 steps: 1ftww from riding, and back to the pedals…

Here is today’s video, just few tries in it, but it’s representative:

Have fun,
UVcycle

Day 10 - 13 | 8h30min | Total: 22h20min

Hi all,

The last few sessions were great! I feel that I’m enjoying the fruits of very, very hard labor, and it’s a-w-e-s-o-m-e :D:D:D

I move to the next step in my 1FTWW challenge, and start learn doing it from riding…

Here is the last video for this step:

Have fun,
UVcycle

Yes, you’re showing huge progress. Your balance has really improved and your technique is very smooth. I was impressed also by your short glide at 0:50
it shows how your confidence has grown.
Well done Yuval.

Thanks unibokk!
Yes the short gliding was so fun, I guess it’s just an appetizer for the real thing :smiley:

Although I would like to take long rest after the 1FTWW challenge, I think It will be very tempting to play with the thoughts about my next challenge :slight_smile:

Have fun,
UVcycle

Day 14: 2h20min | Total: 24h40min

Hi,

My 1ftww session today was dedicated for getting rid of the wall support, and start do it from riding.
I couldn’t decide if I’ll do it from WW, one-footed, or just from riding. finally I tried it from riding.
At the beginning it’s confusing, but as you stop thinking about all the actions that have to be done, and just doing it - it happens like magic!
I had a lot of tries, but I must say that it’s relatively easy :smiley:

Here is today’s video:

Next and final step: getting back to the pedals!

Have fun,
UVcycle