'06 Torker Sneakpeak

you know what? you’re right. There IS a lack of green in the Uni world. I haven’t seen ONE green unicycle yet. maybe, when i make my BC wheel, I’ll paint the plates green, just to help with that.

I don’t know about the price, of course, but I’m guessing the DX will be the least expensive, true trials uni available.

Don’t you just love this part of capitalism? Better stuff, cheaper!
(I just wonder if the non-union workers in Taiwan can afford one.)

Tommy

Dan Heaton has a green uni.

heh, im going to call a torker dealing bike shop in my area for a price tomorrow. I want that 20" DX. Aren’t most rims 48 spokes, not 45?

e39m5

I just noticed that the new LX comes in a 26"

It seems the CX SE (The yellow one) is a club uni, the CX is just a cheap beginner cycle, the LX is freestyle and cruisers, and the dx is trials and muni. Now in the DX description it mentions it fits up to 3 inch tires

e39m5

Im glad to hear that they have reinforced the frame on the DX, it seemed as though that was a problem several people had whilst attempting to do hard trials or muni. I’ve seen a few pictures of DX frames snapped where the seat post tube meets the fork. The new design is interesting, I think although that if I were to get one the torker sticker on the side would have to be removed, it looks somewhat tacky.

Edit Also, what is up with the 45 spoke hub, is there some advantage I’ve not heard about over a 48 or 36? It seems as though the only thing this does is limit your upgrade choices later on.

45 spoke most almost certainly be a missprint

Yes, I do beleive they have 48 spoke alex rims on the DX’s.

I just called the LBS about the DX and they knew exactly what I was talking about. IT suprised me how much this guy knew, red, brake bosses, stronger rim and all that. HE told me the price is going to be around 200. Sounds like a good deal, right? He also said their ordered and will probably be in within the next one or 2 weeks.

e39m5

And it’s actually a red-orange, not like the red on the seat at all…

Thats great, im still waiting to here about them from my contact with Seattle Bike Supply. Im glad to hear that.

Thats great, im still waiting to here about them from my contact with Seattle Bike Supply. Im glad to hear that.

Im probably going to call again this monday. Their closed on weekends and its already too late tonight. Hopefully they will have some updates

e39m5

Yea I just counted and it is 48 in the pic.

lol, i cant believe you counted. But that makes sense that its 48. Tyler, I dont think that pellet gun will do squat against that bear looking thing

e39m5

It looks a bit expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00020V0AW/104-2476793-7527146?v=glance

Well, if it really is going to be around $350-400, the Qu-ax still looks a little more appetizing.

Here’s what he said:

Sku# 2006 model & details MSRP availability

133948 TORKER 5’/20" TX UNISTAR UNICYCLE BLUE 144.99 available/instock

133951 TORKER 26" LX UNISTAR UNICYCLE DARK 144.99 available/instock

METTALIC GREY

133950 TORKER 24" LX UNISTAR UNICYCLE DARK 139.99 available/instock

METTALIC GREY

133953 TORKER 24" DX UNISTAR UNICYCLE BLACK/RED 399.99 available/instock

133949 TORKER 20" LX UNISTAR UNICYCLE DARK 134.99 available/instock

METTALIC GREY

133952 TORKER 20" DX UNISTAR UNICYCLE BLACK/RED 369.99 available/instock

134178 TORKER 24’ CX SE UNISTAR UNICYCLE BLK/YEL 119.49 not in yet ** LIMITED EDITION

134177 TORKER 20" CX SE UNISTAR UNICYCLE BLK/YEL 114.99 not in yet ** LIMITED EDITION

134176 TORKER 16" CX SE UNISTAR UNICYCLE BLK/YEL 109.99 not in yet ** LIMITED EDITION

THats exactly what he said, I copy/pasted.

man i dont know what i was thinking… i guess i had some crazy notion that the new DX’s were just gonna be 200 also… silly me

Chase

Im gonna count on that my LBS will get me them for cheaper. I got in too late today to call, but I hope I can get on the phone tomorrow. 250 is as high as Id want to go.

e39m5