Zero turn radius and star wars

This Post will be in two parts (two people writing this) I, the first, JonnyD, would like to ask: Can anyone do a 360 degree turn on the spot just by spinning, or, in other words, a zero turn radius? I’ve been trying, and can do a 360 degree turn within a one meter circle, but was just wonderng if anyone could stop and spin all the way around without the wheel leaving the surface of the ground, leaving naught but a black spot and two tracks leading up to it. . . cheers YO this is Jonathan Ware, bagpiperboy, and I just saw Star Wars, any of all’yall seen that?!? Does Yoda open a can on dooko or what dooko is like “I am even better that you!!” and Yoda is like “ummmm… no” and then he pulls out his lightsaber with the force, and you get the full chills (and believe me I am not talking about the little chills that just go down your brain stem, I am talking about the ones that start on the very top of your brain and goes to the bottom of your toes) but if you have seen it you will understand my concern on having to tell SOMEONE!!! just my two cents to put in the dish. peace, cheers, and all that jazz

-Jonathan Davis/Ware-

god yes ive seen Episode 2,once in the theatre and 5 times on V-CD.yoda opens it up alright,letting us all know just what kind of Jedi reptile he is.

has anyone seen the unicycling droid waitress that i was telling you about in another thread yet?shes in the movie,i’d say in the first 30 minutes

I definately pointed out the unicycle to the people who were with me.

I also saw the one wheeled waitress Jagur mentioned. Also, in the crowded bar after that awesome chase seen near the beginning, there is what looked to me like a sports event involving a lot of one wheeled droids. I’ve only seen the movie once so far, so I’m not positive about it. They might have had two wheels next to each other.

Anyway, it was an incredible movie.

About the 360 turn without moving anywhere, yes people can do it. Its called a pirouette, and can be much more than 360 degrees if your good.

Ben

yeah when anakin and senator amidala go to tatooine the droid thingy that carries them has one wheel (I pointed that out to the girl next to me) and when obi-wan goes to see his friend the cook, the waitress there has one wheel, that time I said to her. “unicycles, wave of the future!” She thought it was pretty funny, I might be going to see it today and then definetely once more, V-CD?!? did you download it or what? fill me in.

-Jonathan Ware-

P.S. Why the heck does Yoda walk with a cane?

“They’re using a washed up director named George Lucas to make a Cloned Movie…” -Me, just now, before ducking for cover.

“to cloud your mind young padawan”

dont try your Jedi mind tricks on me,the darkside i sense in you.

That’s easy. His physical body is weak, but he is strong in the force. Walking without the cane is like lifting an X-wing with his mind. He can do it, but it takes the force.

Unicycles aren’t the wave of the future, they went out of style a Long Time Ago…In a Galaxy Far, Far Away…

Re: Zero turn radius and star wars

On Sat, 18 May 2002 10:30:56 -0500, Ben Plotkin-Swing
<Ben.Plotkin-Swing.4uuwy@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>About the 360 turn without moving anywhere, yes people can do it. Its
>called a pirouette, and can be much more than 360 degrees if your good.

I can’t make a pirouette at all, but in the ones I’ve seen people
doing, they spiral in to them. I had the impression that JohnnyD asked
about riding more or less in a straight line, then stop, then spin 360
(or more), then ride away more or less straight again. THAT I’ve never
seen - but then, what have I seen.

Klaas Bil

“To trigger/fool/saturate/overload Echelon, the following has been picked automagically from a database:”
“IACIS, Siemens, Carlos”

i friend of mine just showed up at my door with it.my computer is uncapable of this kind of feat,not to mention my 56k connection would take so long to download somthing like that, episode 3 would come out before it was done.

:smiley:

I can’t do a 360 turn in one place.

I too saw several unicycle like things in Star Wars episode II. And Yoda did kick @$$ with his little light saber. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

In article <3ce6e59f.3565845@newszilla.xs4all.nl>,
Klaas Bil <klaasbil_remove_the_spamkiller_@xs4all.nl> wrote:
)On Sat, 18 May 2002 10:30:56 -0500, Ben Plotkin-Swing
)<Ben.Plotkin-Swing.4uuwy@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:
)
)>About the 360 turn without moving anywhere, yes people can do it. Its
)>called a pirouette, and can be much more than 360 degrees if your good.
)
)I can’t make a pirouette at all, but in the ones I’ve seen people
)doing, they spiral in to them. I had the impression that JohnnyD asked
)about riding more or less in a straight line, then stop, then spin 360
)(or more), then ride away more or less straight again. THAT I’ve never
)seen - but then, what have I seen.

Pink Man can do that. He is extremely annoying to play basketball against.
-Tom

>not to mention my 56k connection would take so long to download somthing like that, episode 3 would come out before it was done.<

My friends has a solution to this (without upgrading)

He downloads movies during the night and half of the next day.
(8:00 to noon)

He just leaves it running.

he must have a great isp,cauze if i left mine to download that long without monitoring it the whole time i would get dropped in the first 2 hours.most 56k providers are this way.they want you to get pissed so you buy there high speed service.

Re: Re: Zero turn radius and star wars

is this the pink man that i have seen in Eugene,Oregon?he wares pink tights with a cape.

he also says "Wee,Wee,Weeeeee every time he makes a sudden turn?

In article <jagur.4vxsz@timelimit.unicyclist.com>,
jagur <jagur.4vxsz@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:
)
)Tom Holub wrote:
)> Pink Man can do that. He is extremely annoying to play basketball
)> against.
)> -Tom [/B]
)
)is this the pink man that i have seen in Eugene,Oregon?he wares pink
)tights with a cape.

Very likely. He lives in Berkeley, CA, but can be found at various other
events. He spins seemingly effortlessly while going either forwards or
backwards.
-Tom

I enjoyed seeing the unicycle-footed waitress droid. She must have had some
internal balancing mechanism, some sort of shifting weight or something, so she
could stand steady without idling.

It was cool to see Yoda go Jedi too, though once the actual duel began, the
scene ended up being a bit of a visual mess, with him whirling and buzzing
around too fast for your mind to make much sense out of the frantic blur and
flashing lights. One of the good parts of “Phantom Menace” was the choreography
of the big lightsaber duel; you got the sense that these guys were highly
skilled fighters attacking and countering, and it made sense. Watching Yoda in
this film was like trying to follow a pea in a blender under a strobe light; it
would have been nice to be able to see better what Jedi moves he was making.

starwars was cool. I liked the bit when obi wan jumped through the window on to the flying droid.

I could make out what yoda was up to in the light saber bit.

if I’m right its called a backspin when you do a 180 from rideing forwords to backwords and a frontspin when you do it the other way. I can do that. Simon