Zen breakthrough - booyah! Feeling good.

First, some quick background. I work in Georgetown (Washington, DC, US). If your at all familiar with Georgetown, you know parking isn’t really an option - so I park on the Virginia side of the Key bridge and unicycle into DC every morning (weather permitting).

I’ve always thought it was a pipe dream to completely uni without UPD door to door, from car to stairs in front of work - the major obstacle being the hill up into Georgetown.

If you know Georgetown, you may remember the ridiculous hill at the end of the Key bridge between M street and O street leading up into georgetown - that hill is tough to walk up. If your not familiar with Georgetown, then maybe your familiar with the Exorcist…remember those nauseatingly steep stairs that Max Von Sydow fell down…well, this is the same hill, one block over.

Well, today, I did it. Not only did I ride up that hill, but I was able to make the trip completely without dismounting. It boggles the mind that I was able to make that hill…

I’ve made it down the hill before - and that’s a hell of a lot of fun, but scary as hell since the bottom of the hill is right on a large and busy intersection. But to get up the hill, I thought it would be months or years before I could do that. fantastic…

Re: Zen breakthrough - booyah! Feeling good.

nbrazzi wrote:

> Well, today, I did it. Not only did I ride up that hill, but I was able
> to make the trip completely without dismounting. It boggles the mind
> that I was able to make that hill…
>
> I’ve made it down the hill before - and that’s a hell of a lot of fun,
> but scary as hell since the bottom of the hill is right on a large and
> busy intersection. But to get up the hill, I thought it would be months
> or years before I could do that. fantastic…

Wow, good job. I have been riding a Uni for a month now and just started
to tackle a few hills. I find going downhill way more scary than going
up. The uphill part is work, the downhill part is often unnerving.

Jason

Re: Re: Zen breakthrough - booyah! Feeling good.

But look on the bright side; even if it all goes hideously wrong while going downhill, you get to the bottom faster…

Phil, just me

Yes, to be sure, but in my case the bottom is M street…not a place I want to go flying out into.

I feel like that paper football from the paper football game we all played when we should have been paying attention in high school (probably an american only phenomenon). The goal is to land just barely on the edge without flying over…