My agent asked me to make a Resume with only my Unicycling experience, including any publicity and media exposure. She basically wants to have it on file so if/when any kind of gig comes along that’s uni-related, she can submit it along with a few pics and videos.
Not really sure how much a “uni resume” would help, at least in the entertainment field, since in so many cases, it comes down to a certain “look” the casting people want, and actual skills are not always the top priority. But I guess it’s just another good thing to have.
Anyway, I posted a shorter version of this in another thread about the “best things you did in 2010”, but I wanted to make a separate thread for people to post their own “uni-resume”. Think of it as an actual job resume, but only put in unicycling experience. This can include any publicity you’ve received, jobs you have landed, including “busking”, or anything uni-related that you feel should be included in it.
I think it would be cool for everyone to make their own and post it here. And it doesn’t matter how short or extensive it is, since it’s a resume, you can always update it, add to it, change it around, etc. Here’s mine:
[LEFT]Terry “UniGeezer” Peterson
“Over 50, & not ‘2’ Tired!”
- Featured in book, [I]"50 athletes over 50"[/I], by Don McGrath
- Featured in "Master's Athlete" sports magazine
- Featured on Yahoo main page
- Featured in Unicycling Documentary, "In Unison", by Joey Neigh
- Featured on ESPN
- Featured in four live segments on KTLA Morning TV News
- Featured segment on Morning TV Show, "Daybreak OC"
- Various Web profiles, including "Growing Bolder", and "I Play Outside"
- Radio interviews on "Logical Soul"
- Selected for Nokia N8 Producers
- Completed my first Uni Century (104 miles) at age 54, on 7/11/10, with all proceeds going to American Cancer Society.(Included Primetime TV coverage on CBS 2, and print media)
- Main sponsors: Unicycle.tv, Krisholm.com, Unicycle.com, Twinsbikeshop.com
- My Website, www.unigeezer.com
- Appeared in national Ford "Fiesta" commercial
- Designed and Innovated the first "Uni-Cable-Cam". Specifically made for filming extreme unicycling and is 100% portable and self-set up.
- Entered idyllwild Spring Challenge, placing 1st in over 25 category, and 2nd place overall
- Various newspaper coverage, including front page of feature in Orange County register, Santa Barbara Ind., Daily Breeze.
- Made 67 feature videos in 2010. More than 285 total since 2006 with more than 1/2 million views.