Youngest Unicyclist

Who is the youngest unicyclist?

who cares? age is not a barrier
The Mule

Michael Grant told me that his three year old son could almost ride. That was about a year and a half ago. I’ll try to find out if he ever learned and at what age.

i herd about sum chik who rode @ age 2, but i forget where

18 months, I believe John has a video and I am sure has her name.

Roger

Yes he does.

It would be interesting to see the video.

John who?

I have her name, Nini Hall. Daughter of unicycling great Mel Hall, who recently passed away. She reportedly rode across the stage (or ring) at the age of 18 months in a pair of diapers.

Nini is a professional circus performer, and I had a short email conversation with her a few years ago, but then lost contact. I have seen her sister in the Clyde Beatty Cole Bros. circus in the 80s, but never saw her.

Her father Mel was a famous unicyclist in the 1940s, doing things like side ride one-handed. He is also shown in movie, Sensations of 1945, freemounting and riding an inverted 9-footer. That is, running up it, and riding upside down, with his hands pedaling. He also did a hand-cranked ultimate wheel. In later years, he taught orangutans to ride unicycles.

I don’t have a video. Not sure when this happened, but probably in the late 50s or early to mid 60s. I read about it in early issues of the USA Newsletter.

i was 4 or 5 when i learned… but thats nothing compared to an 18 month old!! i wish there was a video

-grant

The youngest rider I have met was King MUni Man, aka. Gabe. At the time I think he was 6. If you want to meet him, he spends most of his time up north in Alaska.

Before meeting KMM, I was the youngest rider I have met.

18 months… wow!

Daniel

You of course. You are the orical of all unicycle knowledge. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ahhhh, if not you… then possibly Connie. I know it was on one of my trips to the US that I watched it and I had thought it was at your house after the Muni weekend. It was not when she was 18months old but possibly 2 or 3 I would have guessed.

Roger

Angus* (my youngest child) expressed an interest in learning to ride at age two. At the time the smallest unicycle I could find (and afford) was the Sun 12". I got it for him but it was too big. He could not reach the pedals.

I arranged to have a smaller frame built but he still hasn’t learned to ride. He seems to have lost interest and I’ve not wanted to push him into it.

Gertrude*, my daughter, learned to ride just after turning four. My olded son Harry* learned to ride at age five.

I’d post pics; but with all the unicycle internet predators you just never can be too careful (*Names have been changed to protect the innocent).

-mg

Hi my name is Tyler Cox and im an idiot! Just look how bad my videos are for proof! Also I am 10 years old which means I am too dumb to use a computer so my dad types for me!

Then maybe not the youngest but reports are comming in that ther is an 4 age years old unicyclist in the “Rusian State Circus” that now is in the Bronx in New York. Anyone out there that can make video?

My son’s 4 years old and so far can ride 200 metres on his 12" uni. He can also do figure of eights. Watch out Kris Holm…!

tio2.jpg

Aaron is only 15!!! He has just came out of nappies (dipers for u american folks)!

I think the youngest (mental) age unicyclist I know is Simon. 17 going on 2

Joe,

Chris Reeder made a very cool 12" unicycle with 2.6" cranks that he gave his daughter 4 years ago, when she turned 2. Here is his web page describing it: http://www.reeder.unicyclist.com/12/ and it includes a cute video of her opening the present. Don’t know if/when she actually learned to ride it though.

—Nathan

Dude

That’s really funny man…Those kids are going to be rad riders when they get of age. That’s so cool.

-Keaton Miller

youngest rider

Hi there,

I played unicycle hockey in Hong Kong a few weeks ago with a litte girl who learnt to ride at age 3. She’s now about 6 and isn’t too bad at unicycle hockey. She also participated in Unicon XII and loved it.

Debbie
kidzfunbiz@hotmail.com

Indeed, we had to be very careful at BMW to make sure he didn’t get left behind. Bless him, he’s only little, he doesn’t have the stamina to go up hills or ride very fast. Aaaah…

Phil

i know someone who is 1(+)5.
me!!!