Yesterday wasn't such a good day

Well I went for a ride with my friend and I was having problems getting on without assistance. And he was having some problems riding to. So we went to a nearby school after getting kicked out of one place and we landed a few drops but when we went to a different set of stairs and I droped of the side. I ended up in ALOT of pain and I decided to sit down on the swings for a little while. Afterwords we were about to go back to his house when I got on the unicycle and started to pedal but I could tell something was wrong right away. I knew something was bent and later I found out it was the right crank. It was hard to see just by looking but I could tell it was bent and when I went and measured it, it was 5 cm’s bent inwards. How should I fix this?
Thanks

I suppose you could try bending them back, but they’d propably bend again or just break. Metal has a nasty habit of getting weaker when it bends. So you should probably get a new set of cranks. If you’re lucky you might even be able to find a bike shop that sells cranks that fit to your unicycle and if you are really lucky you may be able to buy just one of them. But be absolutely sure that they are the same size.

Thanks for the help.

Steel cranks can hold up to a lot more unbending than alloy ones. My 45" big wheel still has the original steel cranks from 1982. They have been unbent countless times. They tend to bend toward the spokes if the wheel gets dropped.

But don’t try to unbend your cranks while they’re still on the axle! You may break the axle, which is a much bigger hassle to replace. My old cottered cranks were unbent by taking them off, and beating them with a sledge hammer on top of concrete. This is only recommended for steel cranks, and is only likely to work if the cranks are of the right shape.

i got some cranks you could buy off me

hey, since you live near me (i live near duncan) i have some cranks you could buy off me there lasco’s they came with me other uni… you could buy them off me for 15$-10$… email me back if you are interested

[email]uni_brown16@hotmail.com[/email]

by the way you probably would know be as uni-2-death… im on my other account right now

15-10, fifteen minus ten…that equals $5. still might be too much for lascos

Re: Yesterday wasn’t such a good day

johnfoss <johnfoss.vo5nn@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>But don’t try to unbend your cranks while they’re still on the axle! You
>may break the axle, which is a much bigger hassle to replace. My old
>cottered cranks were unbent by taking them off, and beating them with a
>sledge hammer on top of concrete. This is only recommended for steel
>cranks, and is only likely to work if the cranks are of the right shape.

An anvil would be better to pound on that concrete.

A vise and long pipe could be better tools for straightening slightly
bent crank arms.

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs <kfuchs@winternet.com>

Wow now one of the pedals has broken. I really need to buy my own unicycle, the Norco one that I am borrowing right now is falling apart and breaking.

Old unicycles… i think you end up buying enough new crap for it you might as well have bought a new one.

48 spoked torkers are running really cheap on ebay.

Sorry about you uni by the way, it’s always a big deal when a uni part breaks (since there’s not alot to break).