YAY !! one foot idle! me happy

oh, i am soooo happy.

After a few tries i can now one foot idle. I am very happy because it is the only thing that i can do (other than all the normal riding skills).

does anyone have any tips about what to do next?

me so very very happy

-Mike

Cool!!! I can never get the hang of it… I seem to use my top foot too much when idling. It took me a really long time to learn to two foot idle. Maybe work on backwards riding next…that is something that I can do pretty good.

Joe http://mojoe.unicyclist.com/

Mounts offer high crowed appleal and imediate gratification. Kick up, jump, and side mount all bear high returns. If you’re riding a 20" wheel, you might try pogo-sticking. Seat-out-wherever skills are fun, and pave the way to drags. I’m hip to get wheel walk and crown stands down…

Congradulations!

-Christopher

I had/have the same problem- but managed to stick it on the second try on one of Tommy’s 20"ers, with aggressive pelvis action. Goofy little wheels… but don’t knock 'em tell you’ve knocked em… :wink:

-Christopher

One Leg/footed backwards??!!

Yo all!

Does anyone have any tips on one leged (/footed) backwards?

I can one leged idle on both feet, and i can ride one footed conferdently (spelling??).

It’s on of those thing i try and try, but dont know where to go when i get stuck!

Any pointers/tips would be great!

Cheers

Congratulations, Mike! Any mastered skill grants a great feeling of accomplishment. We focus very highly on basic skill accomplishment in our club for that reason. The more basic skills mastered and the better our kids feel about themselves, the more we can promote our sport which is one of the reasons we exist as a club.

I am able to one-foot idle but one-foot riding continues to escape me and I don’t know why. The kids in our club seem to pick up one-foot riding very quickly and can’t understand either why I can’t do it.

Topic Drift

Any feeling on the contrabution of crank length to the difficulty of one foot riding? How 'bout rider to cycle weight?

-C

Chris,

Of course there is a correlation between those components and one-foot riding success. Our kids are pedaling 20" cycles with 5" cranks. I’m on a 24" wheel with almost 6" Profile cranks. I have to expend a much larger revolution stroke in one-foot riding than the 5" crankers. Maybe I should try on a 20" to learn first, then transfer the skill to my 24".

Of course, I’ll never catch Ben’s skill level. (Lookout, here comes Dad-braggin’) He received his Coker last week and now rides it one-footed, one foot extended, backwards, seat out front, and idles it two footed and one-footed with no problem. He’s about ready to wheel walk it. You know, the best thing about kids is that no one has told Ben that these things can’t be done.

Bruce

yes, a 20" uni really helps, although i havenot yet tried one foot idling on a 24".

I still need much more practice one foot idling using my left foot.

thanks for all the advice.

-Mike

Re: YAY !! one foot idle! me happy

> Of course, I’ll never catch Ben’s skill level. (Lookout, here comes
> Dad-bragging) He received his Coker last week and now rides it
> one-footed, one foot extended, backwards, seat out front, and idles it
> two footed and one-footed with no problem. He’s about ready to wheel
> walk it. You know, the best thing about kids is that no one has told
> Ben that these things can’t be done.

Oh my gosh.

ONE WEEK?!

Er, how many hours of practice is that, exactly?

Oh my gosh. I gotta go lie down. One week, sheesh…

Re: Re: YAY !! one foot idle! me happy

Scott,

Let me clarify…Ben rode a Coker for the first time at Regionals in Minneapolis last April, rode one at UNICON, then received his own just last week. Ben is also a Level 5 rider which helps. His nine year old brother, Brad, received his own as well last week and can freemount now even though he can barely reach the pedals. Then there’s me, Mr. Shakey.

Bruce

Wow, a family of Cokers, that mush ba awsome to see if you all go out for a ride.

Wow, how old is Ben? Level 5 is pretty awsome.

-Mike

Me one-foot idle – happy. Me not one-foot ride – unhappy. Me not one-foot anything on Coker!

Ben is 12. We’ll try to take some video clips this weekend of the Coker Tricksters and post them in the gallery.

Bruce

i’m just getting the hang on backwards
something i’ve noticed that may help
u gotta lean in the direction u want to go
very basic, i know
thought i’d mention it

onto the question
does this apply more or less to riding (forward or back) one-footed?

Re: YAY !! one foot idle! me happy

>Cool!!! I can never get the hang of it… I seem to use my top foot too
>much when idling. It took me a really long time to learn to two foot
>idle. Maybe work on backwards riding next…that is something that I
>can do pretty good.
>
>
>Joe http://mojoe.unicyclist.com/

I recently discovered that I can one-foot idle - but only with my right foot. I
can not idle with my left foot to save my life. I can idle two-footed with
either foot down, though. So, this has exposed a bad habit that I was never
conscious of before. Even when I am idling with my left foot down, I am using