YAY im getting paid to unicycle YAY

I’m getting a paper round around my village and ive asked if i could do it on my unicycle and they said it was fine!

The pay’s not great (£15 per week) but i dont care because i only have to ride my uni for half an hour each morning.

Until i can get enoughtmoney for a 29er ill do it on my 25" MUni but when get a 29er ill do my papr round on it and then ride the 3 mile trip to school on it.

IMO, the best ever job a 13 year old unicycle fanatic could get. I cant wait. :sunglasses: :smiley:

The best thing is i get paid to unicycle and the money i earn goes to making my round more fun.

IM MORE HYPER THAN A 3 YEAR OLD THAT FOUND THE COFFEE MACHINE.

EDIT: i also found out that paper boys get around £150 in tips at christmas and imhoping that people will take pity and give me more tips so i can afford another wheel. LOL

That’s hardly getting paid to actually unicycle is it :roll_eyes: :p, it just makes it a bit quicker. I’ll be honest, a paper round on a 20er could be quite tiring - all that mounting and dismounting between houses - Scott (1-wheeled-grape) also does his round on a KH24.

Sounds great! And after a few weeks you ask the editor if he would like you to write a story about how their paper is distributed on one wheel. That will perhaps bring in some more money. Good luck.

I’ve done my paper round on my unis (20 and 24) for almost a year. I only get about £11 a week, which is crap. I also didn’t get any where near £150 tips at Christmas, More like £40, which still isn’t bad.
On the plus side I have been offered a unicycle while on my paper round… Its only 20" pashly, it isn’t very good but I am going to sell it on for a small profit to someone who wants to learn.

Am I a professional then?

I’ve done my paper round on my unis (20 and 24) for almost a year. I only get about £11 a week, which is crap. I also didn’t get any where near £150 tips at Christmas, More like £40, which still isn’t bad.
On the plus side I have been offered a unicycle while on my paper round… Its only 20" pashly, it isn’t very good but I am going to sell it on for a small profit to someone who wants to learn.

Am I a professional then?

Oh By the way, sorry to disappoint you, but paper rounds sooo boring! Unicycling makes it bearable, because I can have fun at the same time. Also, I haven’t appeared in the paper, but Colchester is a cycling town now, so we’ll see!

i think its partly where your paper round is
one of my friends did it down the poshest street in my city
and got like £90 tip by doing about 30 houses.

I would have thought you wouldnt need to dismount because you could sail right up to the front door and then ride away, because with a bike you have to get off then walk to the door

Do you do it 7 days a week? because id get around the same as you if i didnt work weekends

That probably wont happen as i dont get the papers from the paper company, my local newsagent is going to employ me so i deliver all sorts of different papers

I don’t work week ends. And that’s the good thing with unis, you can go right up to the door without getting off! I only get off for a few houses and flats on my round.

When I did a paper route on my b*ke, while in 5-7th grades, I just threw the paper on the lawn, trying to hit concrete, esp if the grass was wet.

I later discovered getting the paper to them quickly, in the same spot, or even on their porch increased tips (getting it in their mail slot sometimes got more $).

For the houses that I discovered gave good tips, I made sure I put the paper on their porch.

I had a hard time collecting the monthly fees from some of the customers and at least once I ended up paying for their subscription for a month. Later the Newspaper went to a mail payment system, which significantly cut down on my tips.

Im getting a job to uni :smiley: IT it involves wearing the Jetty markets t-shirt (sunday markets) and riding around :smiley: I am going to get paid to just unicycle as I always do on my KH20 XD

I wish I could do that, but the paperboy where I’m from just drives around in his car and chucks the newspaper on our driveway. Depending on the money, I may try and apply sometime. Especially in the summer.

Re: YAY im getting paid to unicycle YAY

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 11:16:05 -0500, simonb
<simonb@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote:

>
>I’m getting a paper round around my village and ive asked if i could do
>it on my unicycle and they said it was fine!
>
>The pay’s not great (£15 per week) but i dont care because i only have
>to ride my uni for half an hour each morning.
>
>Until i can get enoughtmoney for a 29er ill do it on my 25" MUni but
>when get a 29er ill do my papr round on it and then ride the 3 mile
>trip to school on it.
>
>IMO, the best ever job a 13 year old unicycle fanatic could get. I cant
>wait. :sunglasses: :smiley:
>
>The best thing is i get paid to unicycle and the money i earn goes to
>making my round more fun.
>
>IM MORE HYPER THAN A 3 YEAR OLD THAT FOUND THE COFFEE MACHINE.
>
>EDIT: i also found out that paper boys get around £150 in tips at
>christmas and imhoping that people will take pity and give me more tips
>so i can afford another wheel. LOL

Congratulations on the paper route. In 1957 I had my paper route
which paid next to nothing and I used my bike. I remember reading
about the Sputnik launched by the Soviets.

Don’t count on tips … even if you earn them. You still might not
get them. But in any case treat the customers as if they were gold.
You’ll remember these years for the rest of your life. Especailly if
you’re using your uni. I had a front basket on my bike. How will you
haul the papers around? They are heavy - especially on Sundays.

OM

AKA the market sponsors you?

or are you on a schedule?

I guess I don’t understand but how do paperboys get tipped? Where does one leave money for a paperboy? In the mailbox?

not true, I got paid $40 an hour to make balloon animals and unicycle at our towns Canada day festival with tips I made almost $70. but still mine was a one time shot your job is consistently making you money.

Re: YAY im getting paid to unicycle YAY

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 15:49:59 -0500, siafirede
<siafirede@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote:

>
>I guess I don’t understand but how do paperboys get tipped? Where does
>one leave money for a paperboy? In the mailbox?

How do people pay for the paper? We pay by mail to the news office.
We send an extra check (checque) at X-mas time. We go on faith that
the carrier gets the money, not the publisher.

Good luck. Like I say, don’t count on the money until you can count
the money.