yahoo! question

Has anyone used the yahoo! express submit ($299)?

I was wandering how long it took for them to get back to you? It’s been 7
days and I haven’t gotten an email from them yet, for if they will index
my site or not.


TomBryant tom@dixieshirts.com



Get your NextCard visa - 2.99% APR intro
http://www.nextcard.com/index6.html?ref=aff0074289

Hi Tom,

I’ve used the service before (when it was $199) and it took them about 2-3
days. You can usually tell if they’ve been by your site if you look at
extremetracking and look for a referral from surf.yahoo.com.

They are supposed to guarantee a yes or a no within 7 days, so you may
want to contact them if it has been 7 “working” days. Or you may want to
wait it out a bit so as not to anger the “yahoo gods”.

Tom Bryant wrote:

> Has anyone used the yahoo! express submit ($299)?
>
> I was wandering how long it took for them to get back to you? It’s been
> 7 days and I haven’t gotten an email from them yet, for if they will
> index my site or not.
>
> –
> TomBryant tom@dixieshirts.com
>
> ***************************
> * http://DixieShirts.com *
> * http://GotCreditCards.com *
> ***************************
> Get your NextCard visa - 2.99% APR intro
> http://www.nextcard.com/index6.html?ref=aff0074289

“Rodney @ work” <rcircler@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:3BBCC1CB.AABA96C0@yahoo.com
> I’ve used the service before (when it was $199) and it took them about
> 2-3 days. You can usually tell if they’ve been by your site if you look
> at extremetracking and look for a referral from surf.yahoo.com.
>
> They are supposed to guarantee a yes or a no within 7 days, so you may
want to
> contact them if it has been 7 “working” days. Or you may want to wait it
out a
> bit so as not to anger the “yahoo gods”.

After checking the date of the email invoice, it seems to be only 6
working days, today. So, I’ll have to wait until tomorrow before I do any
more “worrying”. :slight_smile: It seems that yahoo has us webmasters by the “balls”,
don’t they.


TomBryant tom@dixieshirts.com



Get your NextCard visa - 2.99% APR intro
http://www.nextcard.com/index6.html?ref=aff0074289

Tom Bryant wrote:

> After checking the date of the email invoice, it seems to be only 6
> working days, today. So, I’ll have to wait until tomorrow before I do
> any more “worrying”. :slight_smile: It seems that yahoo has us webmasters by the
> “balls”, don’t they.

You might say that. Or you might say that they are finaly capitalizing on
their most valueable asset (listings in their popular directory). Man, if
you can come up in Yahoo for the right keyword, you’ve got it made.

It’s even better if you can slide through the back doors :slight_smile:

-Rodney

> It’s even better if you can slide through the back doors :slight_smile:

I tried one of the back doors a while back (the regional submit), but they
wouldn’t have it because of my site being for commercial purposes. Oh
well, I guess i’ll just wait and hope they don’t give me too crappy of a
description.


TomBryant tom@dixieshirts.com



Get your NextCard visa - 2.99% APR intro
http://www.nextcard.com/index6.html?ref=aff0074289

remember you can always ask for a description change. They give a little
more “benefit of the doubt” for paid commercial listings. I was able to
change my description and category for one of my sites by just asking
nicely and giving them a valid reason.

Tom Bryant wrote:

> > It’s even better if you can slide through the back doors :slight_smile:
>
> I tried one of the back doors a while back (the regional submit), but
> they wouldn’t have it because of my site being for commercial purposes.
> Oh well, I guess i’ll just wait and hope they don’t give me too crappy
> of a description.
>
> –
> TomBryant tom@dixieshirts.com
>
> ***************************
> * http://DixieShirts.com *
> * http://GotCreditCards.com *
> ***************************
> Get your NextCard visa - 2.99% APR intro
> http://www.nextcard.com/index6.html?ref=aff0074289

“Rodney @ work” <rcircler@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:3BBCE8E3.AA8CFA70@yahoo.com
> remember you can always ask for a description change. They give a little
more
> “benefit of the doubt” for paid commercial listings. I was able
> to change
my
> description and category for one of my sites by just asking nicely and
giving
> them a valid reason.

That’s good to know, but I guess I better just concentrate on getting
indexed first. :slight_smile:


TomBryant tom@dixieshirts.com



Get your NextCard visa - 2.99% APR intro
http://www.nextcard.com/index6.html?ref=aff0074289