XTP, Kh, Domina frame weights?

I’ll look around and see what I can find for you…but think about it, have you ever seen or heard of a fiberglass bicycle? A company called UNI used to make bmx seat and seatpost combos that broke like crazy. They were crap. No one makes FG seatposts anymore…but there are numerous companies that make CF seatposts and they hold up well. I canoe, so another example comes to mind. FG canoes are lighter than aluminum, but they are brittle as hell…a rock will punch a hole right through them, and if you build them up to take the abuse, they weigh a ton. Cabon/kevlar canoes are much lighter and take more abuse…but you still don’t want to use them in heavier whitewater conditions(that’s what Royalex is for.). I’m at work so I don’t have my bookmarks, but when I get home I’ll see what I can find regarding FG vs. CF for you.

Well iv heard of fiberglass being used in bicycle frames in areas that are known, or prone to taking an impact. Also, with canoes, are the fiberglass and carbon canoes identical? any material can be weak if you dont use enough of it. Could be that since carbon is many times more expensive more design goes into a carbon canoe.