Xavier Collos - Flat Trip

Yep it is a joke. Shifty flips and shifty late flips are both really dumb. No one claimed them for that reason. lol. Both were done long over a year ago. (Well not too long, like 13-14 months ago.)

I know no offence was said, however, I’d like to mention lates, 180 lates, and 360 lates are all super easy, and on all of them i’m mid jump before I flip the cranks. Even late hickflips are easy (back it up game the first time, was mid jump.) The only hard late flip to get nice and late is the late treyflip or late backflip. Don’t compare Xav’s lates to mine please, he’s not doing any hard latetricks yet. (Even late treyflip isn’t too difficult, just hard to bust at the peak of the jump.)

Shaun, I find late backflips quite easy…

But Xav, I love the vid. Really liked the slow motion on the tennis net jump. Also Arthurs and Loics part were really impressive.

Mike

yeah, super cool. inspired me to ride, and i altso got a shiftyflip today:)

man Xavier is such a smooth rider

Yay! Good vid from Xav again. Late tricks over obstacles are pretty nice looking and that fakie treyflip by Loic Baud was very impressive. Music was wierd…
What’s that trick called 0:58-1:00 (in Youtube)? I’ve seen that many times, but duno what’s name of that. Does that trick even have name?

Of course you would, backs are more comfortable for you. I was double flipping before I was backflipping. Yet I haven’t seen anyone else do a lateback. It’s a good trick. Why aren’t I seeing half the trick i’m told about? (Cameras? Is that it?)

-Shaun Johanneson

I tend not to release many vids… I usually keep it up for a special vid and then the footage ages and I hate it quickly.

I was doubleflipping too before I was backflipping.

I would like to do a vid sometime tho and put a lot of effort into it to see what I really can do.

Mike

yeah, do that!

I guess what he was talking about is the insanely smooth flow that xavier have that is uncomparable.

the guy is just like, one with the uni…

no offense too man, but that type of flow… only xav has…

(disreguarding flatland)

I guess I don’t see flow when I see most of the stuff. Since I know all those tircks. I see under rotations, hops, ride outs off the line, power pedals after landing (the quick pedal after you land something to correct your body position in relation to the uni, usually only have a pedal before corrected.) Sorry

-Shaun Johanneson

Well regardless, his style looks different then yours, in some way…
I dunno. I’m too lazy to put much thought into it.

Great style, also very clean on landing those flip variations, no sketchyness on the landings! Very good song choice as wellm, goes good with the riding

loved the video… personally i loved the shifty flips. I think we need to support diffrent styles and not bash anything that’s not exsactly like shaun or mike or what have you. I think it is way to limiting to the sport to say shifty flips or late flips or backflips or trey’s or what ever should be landed one way. i think that if a rider can’t put his personiality and variation in a trick then it’s way to limiting. Style is importent… I love seeing how diffrent people throw the same trick diffrently. I don’t want to see people throw the trick the same way… it would make video’s boring and pointless… and for the record xav flows like a greased up nude scot’s man on an ice rink.

Seriously people should throw tricks diffrently, stop bashing !
cheers
bry

I loved the vid, and the music!
I really liked the 2 in a half crankflip by that one guy, watch it closly, sooo kool.

Damn, you are a fine rider!
How long have you been riding for?
Very good video:D

+1

Well said, I like the shifty flips too.

Ohh forgot to say… the ONE FOOTER FLIP AMAZING!! i had thought about a one foot flip for a long time… looks so sweet!
cheers
bry

I’m actualy inclined to agree with you in some ways that his riding wasn’t all that flowy in this video (aside from his flatlanding). But that was mostly because he wasn’t doing lines, he was just doing tricks. He didn’t look like he was trying to do flowy lines, just bust out some tricks. In alot of his older videos it would seem that it was all about flow rather than the technical tricks.

Although in a couple of the back it up videos he had really impressive flow. I think it is because it would seem that he rides faster than you, so even though he will power his landings, it gives the alusion of being in control, and looks really nice. It makes it look like there was less effort and concentration put into the trick. Whereas in your really technical lines you tend to ride a bit slower but won’t bounce, power your landings or anything. Everything will be really smooth and to a T.

Just different styles of flow.

What time of the video was this? I have watched it like 9 times already and I must have missed it.