WTB starter street/tricking Uni in Can

As the name states I’m looking for a good starter street/tricking uni (the cheaper the better : buyers mantra) I had intended on buying a Norco 20" heavy duty from a local bike shop for $170. But as it turns out the employee was wrong about costs, they have a generic heavy duty one for $170 and the norco was closer to $300. But I realised I think I’d more enjoy flat ground street riding and tricks than trials so I have switched my aim in Uni’s. Any and all models welcome, just has to be a solid starter uni (preferably with a nice seat)

Please feel free to Add me to msn or post back. Thanks!

vagrant_chromizone@hotmail.com

i dont have anything to sel you but you should concider this uni http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=743:slight_smile:

That’s american funds right? and do they charge shipping or is that included? cause that doesn’t sound like too bad a deal. But aren’t they going to bust my ass for Duties? anyone in canada have experience buying from them?

Anyone know of anything competetive with that model?

-Chase

UDC to ship to Canada will have nearly $100 CAD to ship across the border.

Holy Shite, well I guess thats outta the picture

I e-mails UDC when i wanted to buy my Qu-ax and they said it would be 80-100 for hsipping across the border.

Send Darren Bedford an email, he is in canada.
Bedfordunicycles.ca

I phoned him today actually. I’m looking at his 20" lightduty trials uni with possibly a KH seat, might pick one up.

Tahts Bedford is a great uni…Mine was a beast for the 2 months that I had it…then it morphed and changed…Now its an even bigger beast…gte the Bedford Trials, its a great investment.

A guy in my photography class just informed me he’s got a Norco sitting in his garage that’s been collecting dust for a few years, so I have to look into that further aswell. Might be able to get it cheap, but I wonder if it’s a pre- Kris holm Norco uni… Depends on the year I suppose. I’ll take a look.

Picked it up today, oh for the love of god is it old. It’s gotta be a nearly 15 year old Unicycle (or older) but is indeed a Norco.It’s also a unicrown not a flat crown, but thats not much concern ATM. It’s a 24" (1.75) wheel by the look of it with what appears to be short-ish cranks and a seat I can only refer to as the NutBuster. the seat is black and white and almost completely U shaped with the back end being a tad higher then the front. i’m finding it very diffacult to ride and worry for the safety of my future children. It Chafes and when I’m done practicing I still feel as if I’m sitting on the seat, even when I’m just walking around or sitting down. Any thoughts or suggestions on what I can do to make it more comfortable before I buy a new Uni? I’d like to learn to ride on this one before investing in a Bedford.

Thoughts gladly welcomed…

-Chase

-The NutBuster Haunts my Nightmares

The chaffing goes away as you become a better rider, its kinda like a initiations. :astonished:

The seat, I’m not to sure how to make it any more comfortable, I would just do what I did with my crappy seat, and deal with it, cause it was only the chafing that hurt, not my “future kids” as you put it.

Yeah I S’pose It’s more of an inner theigh chafing pain then a tenderness elsewhere, but I can’t believe how badly designed this seat is, I mean…I can’t even find a comprable picture online, it’s insane.
I guarentee it’s worse than a savage, and I hear they’re brutal

I think I’m definetly gonna have to post some pictures… She’s one ugly ass old Uni, thats for sure.

-Chase

-The NutBuster Lies in waiting.

I’ve been riding for 2 years (on a KH saddle) and I’ve always had chaffing.

Always.

Maybe it’s a curse?

ill sell you a torker splined 20" for 200 cdn ( no seat and no pedals) well there is but there shitty, wheel set is fine