wrist guards

resurecting this thread …

yes I was! I broke my wrist while wearing pulse gloves. (falling from the Coker).
So for falling from this height I am looking for another solution … any idea?

I bought a pair of KH Pulse gloves and although I think they give reasonable protection I found them too warm for even this summer (it’s been wet in the UK).

Tried to get the Harbingers (based on recommendation in the forum) but they seem to have gone from the world.

I ended up with a cheap pair of wrist guards sold in Halfords under the Anvil brand name. They have a good wrist support and the plastic spoon so they slide.

Having fallen off lots (still learning) I’ve pretty much wrecked them but they were only about £20 (I think) in a set with knee and elbow pads.

I’d like to get something longer lasting but I have no complaints on value for money and they have protected me well in some nasty falls.

Much better than nothing!
Gary

I have been using some leather and neoprene Rollerblade brand wrist guards that I bought way back in the early 80’s. Unfortunately they have had one too many stops and finally started tearing on Monday after I did a superman :slight_smile:

I have used a pair of these when mountain boarding:

http://www.mbs.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idProduct=112

They are super bomber, great for hand dragging, incredible protection, but can be hot. They make a lighter weight version without fingers:

http://www.mbs.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idProduct=169

I think the KH gloves look good, but if I’m gonna fall hard I want the guard to be bomber! So only heavy duty, double sided protection will do.

Thanks for the link Ben, I just now ordered the fingerless version. PERFECT for uni.

I was about to cut up some old rollerblade Guards and add the splint to some KH’s or Mtn Bike gloves. This is the perfect combination I have been looking for! Thx Again!

Until now I’ve been using KH pulse without any failures. The warmth is much less annoying to me than that of sixsixone leg armor in summer, so I wear them most of the times I ride. I am a little concerned about finger protection too, because my job as a bass player relies on having intact fingers… So no fingerless gloves for me.

I’ve tried a palm splint style wrist guard 'dakine snowboard ". … It was hard to grip and control the handle or seat with the plastic in the palm. KH pulse work well for me, palm wrist and full finger protection. I’m not sure how the hillbillys or harbingers compare to the dakines though.

I too just ordered a pair. Glad to find 'em here as I have been looking for a glove that combines all those features. Me No Like Fingers, Like Half!

This explains the Knife Juggling.
:wink: :wink:

Like Kington99 mentioned earlier I as well use TSG professional wirst guards.

They are a roller blader style of guard and do take a bit of getting used to when it comes to holding onto the seat. (they are a bit bulky)

I broke my wrist two years ago and required surgery, so now the guards are a must for me for any uni riding.

One thing to keep in mind is that this type of guard will pretty much take care of your wrists but may transfer the force of a fall to your arm causing one or both of the forearm bones to fracture. This apparently is a much better option than a broken wrist (heals faster) I’ll let you decide if this is a better option or not.