Wow, only 4 days to ship my new Uni!

Don’t you just love that feeling you get when you come home to find a big, brown box on your doorstep, and you know just exactly what’s in it?
(esp. when you didn’t expect it for another week).

I ordered my first uni, a Torker LX 26, from Amazon.com/Niagara on the 31st, and it’s already here! :sunglasses:

For some reason, though, I’m not jumping right up to throw it together, but rather I have it sitting semi-assembled (wheel in the forks but not bolted down, and seat/post in the tube but not tightened or adjusted) and I’m just staring at it from across the room. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe I’m just stalling because I’m afraid I’ll suck. :smiley:

It’s very exciting to have my first uni. :slight_smile:

Congrats on the uni. Of course I can’t speak for everyone, but it seems that sucking is the first step to learning.

I can only imagine that the sheer exhileration you feel when you can finally ride without holding on is something like what it must have felt like to learn a two wheeler as a kid.

Good luck, and have fun.

I don’t like stickers.

I think removing all of them makes for a much cleaner look. :sunglasses:

Naw, all those stickers protect your frame from dings and scratches… :sunglasses:

Congrats on getting the uni, Tim. I like the cleaner look as well. Starting out is a bit scary but it comes slowly. I probably spent my first 2 hours (in 10 minute sessions) just sitting on the seat, holding on to a countertop, rail, or wall and rocking slightly with the cranks vertical. Soon you’ll be able to hold on with just one hand while rocking and then you’ll get the itch to try to a revolution while supporting yourself along a wall.

Thanks, David, I got a revolution in today (with my hand on a wall), with the cranks vertical, before I fell off. :smiley:

I plan to take full advantage of being unemployed and practice at least an hour a day. More than that once I’m good enough to ride some distance. :slight_smile: