World Record. 116.5cm by Fabian Mark

I was under the impression the vid was of just the jump and not an entire competition.

I would say that touch could have aided his intial stabilty upon landing.

You only get one brain. Get a decent helmet and use it.

At least once a year I hear about a local cyclist who died, who would likely had only a mild cuncussion at most w/ a decent helmet.
Five times I would have likely had concussions and possible brain damage w/o a helmet (3 on skis, 1 on bike, 1 on uni, and on one or two of those a mild concussion even w/ the helmet).

At least three times I would have had sprained a wrist w/o wrist braces (all after I had learned).

Probably because there aren’t any obscure objects to land on, a gym floor is softer than asphalt, and the riders arn’t falling from as high up or as fast as other forms of uni.

don’t get me wrong, i think pretty highly of helmets, i would be dead right now if i hadn’t been wearing one during 2 incidents, one of which left me with a major concussion and the other … a go cart caught the edge of it and shattered it into 100’s of peices.

uhm. have you ever jumped off something and had a helmet give you a big bruise on your nose?

it was on right too. it isn’t the styrofoam i don’t like its the plastic.

Skrobo.
My friend.
You know better.
Please.
Do not attempt to insult anyone or anything by invoking my brother’s sexuality.

I don’t know about you, but I’ll stand up for my brother at the drop of a hat.

One of my worst falls was practicing seat out in back in the gym, losing it and landing with my pedal in the small of my back.

Dan Heaton broke his ankle and foot not doing street or trials, but coming off a giraffe.

Josue Barreto’s giraffe mount into hand-pedal-stomach-on-seat is at least as dangerous as anything in a trials competition.

And one of our locals recently broke his wrist playing basketball.

Reduce the equipment requirements to those necessary to avoid liability, and let people make their own choices.

Shaun could easily double wankflip up that!

hamish x