World Popualtion

SUBJECT LINE POLICE:
Why can’t you guys put the subject of your posts in the subject line? Here it is in your own words:

SUBJECT LINE WRITING HINT:
If it’s only three words, it’s almost guaranteed to be a poor description of anything.

For the United States, I would guess the percentage to be somewhere around 1. For Japan it should be around 3-5 or more. For poor countries with large populations (or small I guess), it will be closer to 0.

How about we just start off a list and we can go from there? We’ll keep a running total. I’ll start.

I unicycle, so… 1

Preach it, brother. Preach it loud and preach it repeatedly. Thanks.

I will be blue in the face. I guess that’s a good cop color.

What I should do, if I had even more time to waste, would be to create a separate account like Miss Ayersly (sp) just for the Subject Line Police role.
I won’t.

Anyway, in my 1% of Americans that “can ride” I am counting everyone who rode at one point. Some portion of this group is too old or otherwise injured to do it again, but I don’t think it makes a big dent in the 1% part. This would include the old deaf-blind lady I met a few years ago who used to ride when she was a kid in the Bronx in the 1940s.

The majority of unicyclists in the USA probably do not ride actively, or regularly. These are the people you meet from time to time who say they used to ride, and get on your uni and ride it around after a few tries. Sometimes these people haven’t been on a unicycle in 20 years or more.

Japan’s numbers are based on the estimated six million unicyclists created by the JUA over the years. That number is from 2-4 years ago, so today’s number is probably higher.

I agree with Tom Holub that the worldwide percentage is in the low zeroes.

Please do, so I can put that account on my block list. If you like, I can create the account for you and send you the name/password. There are many, many other things that deserve your attention more than the posting habits of teenagers. It’s annoying…

Are they all teenagers?

But for the most part I agree with you. I don’t think I’ll change anything, and I’ll end up sounding like a grumpy old man.

Harrrumph!

The Possibilities Are Greater

If you (unicyclist) think most people don’t have the ability to ride, that just shows us why there aren’t more riders out there.

If current unicyclist think that way we can’t expect non riders to think any different.

The truth is, if you could walk-you can ride!

Anyone who has the desire and drive has the ability to ride.

Japan is just one example of the possibilities.

In the US, everyone has been catering to the existing riding population and not putting in enough time to harvest new riders.

Fortunately, I have the answer, But I can’t reveal the process until my licensing agreements are fulfilled.
But, that percentage will be higher

It will be interesting!!:wink:

Unicycling is a disease, the more exposure the more it spreads!! :astonished:

Adam