Wise/good coker decision?

I sure do!

Could you share it?

I will look forward to your Coker riding reports. Maybe I should borrow one again and try riding it some more. Hey, NAUCC is coming up, maybe somebody there will have one I can borrow for a spin around the parking lot.

Good luck, be careful.

If you ask John Fosss nicely, maybe he will let you ride mine

(get a coker)

Have you ever wondered after you did something, “what did I just do?” he-he
Had a couple of things to do and then made a late lunch. It was all I could do to stand there while fixing lunch and my legs about gave out when I realized what I had done.
My body isn’t as young as my mind tells me that I am, but nonetheless, this is one very excited ofb!
Wheelrider, wish I could travel there and join you, but that isn’t possible. Maybe I can make the trip down to Utah some year and meet some of the gang.

My mom didn’t raise a fool, but a crazy man is a different story altogether :wink:

ofb

OFB, I ordered the same set-up without the brake. Bedford powdercoated my frame balck, and put on brake mounts for future use. I also ordered the rail adapter and post that Brian M. linked to. I have the airseat too. Once I settle down in the saddle a bit, I’ll spend some time experimenting with the settings. I did notice that my first day was a little tough because the tube in the airseat doesn’t always support me perfectly centered. Just being off a little bit raised my angst, kind of like having the seat twisted a little bit. Now that I have ridden about 25 miles (total for 5-6 rides), the little seat tube variances aren’t such a big deal…

Axe

So does that mean that 29-ers are the rice burners of the unicycle world? Perhaps the KH 29 is the BMW of the unicycle world?

This is true - the KH29 the ultimate riding machine. Next to the 36er, of course.:wink:

Spend a little more time on your Coker and you will never ride your 29" again!!

I ride with a 55 year old gentlemen who used to ride a 29" but fought the initial challenge of the Coker and won.
Now he wouldn’t know what to do without his Coker.

Just like the initial learning process of a standard size unicycle (20"-24"). Once you get over the hump is all fun from there.

“Just stick with it a little longer” It’s the short term pain long term gain concept. :astonished: The long term reward is worth the short term pain!

It’s all about developing technique. Your body will learn to do this as you spend more time in the saddle.

Like Harper said “If you can ride a unicycle, you can ride any size wheel” with a little practice.

Adam

sounds like a threat to me.

It’s true. I sold my 29er with the road set up within a week of getting the coker.
(Although, to be honest, I still have and XC 29er, which I could easily set up to ride on the road. I don’t think I ever will).

Cathy

im the opposite, i ordered a Coker and after 2 weeks, i sold it…built a 29er

Just my luck, I order my unicycle on Friday afternoon and then read on Gracie’s blog about the owners being on vacation. I sure hope somebody is “tending store” ha
Meanwhile, time slows to a craw for the impatient :wink:

I just realized that I do have an instamatic camera with some film, so maybe I’ll be able to get a picture of me on it when it gets here and I have it ‘built’.

:thinking:

You know, that stuff they put in cameras to capture the image. Then you take it to the developer to have it processed and printed into a photograph. :roll_eyes:

I just bought my first digital camera about 3 months ago. Problem was, I had to buy a new computer first so I could use the digital camera.

:thinking:

Yes, after I bought my house, after I bought my car, after I bought my computer, after I bought my 7th unicycle, after …

OFB, you sound like a kid waiting for Christmas to arrive. :slight_smile:

The folks at UDC are on vacation?
For how long?
I need my coker!

Brian, I can’t afford a digital…I just bought a coker. Wrong choice??? :wink:

Wheel Rider, yep, thats me. Right after I got my first real working/paying job, I bought a humidifier for the log cabin we were living in (Alaska) and I got so excited about it, I gave it to my parents around Thanksgiving! It was so cold and dry, I couldn’t wait for Christmas. I don’t think I’ve changed.

sobriquet, here is inpart what Gracie said in her blog, “The owners of Unicycle.com has been so wonderful in working with me (even while they’re are on vacation!!)”

T minus “too long and counting” :frowning: