Windcrest Elementary School Unicycle Team (San Antonio) Article

http://news.mysanantonio.com/story.cfm?xla=saen&xlc=955056

Cheers,
Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

I saw this article in the local newspaper, but couldn’t link to it. Thanks for posting it. I was shocked when I saw it. I didn’t know the uni classes for the kids even existed until I saw the article!!!

Wow! That’s great. Where do you find all these articles? You post so many of them!

Andrew

Andrew,

As part of my job, I have access to pricey databases that aggregate news sources. I do periodic searches and post what I find of interest.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

Re: Windcrest Elementary School Unicycle Team (San Antonio) Article

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 14:41:08 -0600, andrew_carter
<andrew_carter.jqfxn@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>Wow! That’s great. Where do you find all these articles? You post so
>many of them!

JJuggle is a librarian who uses professional tools and his “spare time
at work” :-p to research and hunt down every occurrence of unicycling
in any type of printed media.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“1,000,000 sperm and YOU were the fastest?”

You can find the article on Google news .

Not sure if this has been posted before, but here’s a recent article with a picture of Bruce Edwards.

I wonder if those kids ride Muni?
:slight_smile:

Is there any contact info for this team? Now that I am in San AntonioI would like to look them up.

They may have left school and moved on by now.
2003 was 13-years ago.

I’ve been seeing posts on Facebook about this -> Children 'Conquering' The Unicycle, But Achieving Much More | HuffPost Latest News

There’s a link at the bottom of the article that might point you in the right direction.

I’m not sure if that’s the guy Kenny is looking for, but if so he’s active on facebook, and I’m pretty sure he will respond to a friend request.
https://www.facebook.com/unisaders?fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab&pnref=friends.all

Close but not quite. I know Jimmy and love his program but it’s not the one I’m looking for. I’m afeared they may have disbanded. I’ve emailed the school principal but have not heard back.