Wiked looking uni

Nobodys used the 2.7 huh?

How do we know its not terrific?

The Monty 2.7 is amazing. It has the best grip i have ever seen and it´s realy bouncy (can you say that in english… bouncy? )

From sheldonbrown.com

The lateral distance between the pedal attachment points on a crankset. For most cyclists, the narrower the tread the better. When we walk, our footprints fall almost in a straight line under the center-of-gravity of our bodies. When we cycle, the “tread” forces our feet to be exerting their force farther apart than they are designed to do. Some theorists blame this for knee and hip problems experienced by some cyclists, but the jury is still out on this.
A wider “tread” also creates a greater sideways force when pedaling out of the saddle, so the rider must exert more upper-body strength when riding “en danceuse”.

A wider “tread” decreases pedal-ground clearance when the bicycle is banked over into a tight turn.

(“Tread” in this sense is sometimes referred to as “Q-factor.”)

yes
bhglpiuj0]9j

Are the holes in the rim such a good idea? I know they’re common in trials bikes, but don’t unicyclists put more/different stress on their rims? I asked a bike trials guy if it weakened it any and he said yeah, but as long as you have good “technique” it won’t be a problem. I don’t know, kinda scares me.

About the price i found it out using a calculator to be aroun 800 canadian :roll_eyes:

Re: Wiked looking uni

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 16:25:59 -0600, unidad wrote:

>forrestunifreak wrote:
>> Off topic: whats the reason for Q-factor anyway?
>
>From sheldonbrown.com
>
>(only disadvantages of Q-factor)

That doesn’t seem to answer forrestunifreak’s question. The reason for
Q-factor is that the cranks have to run outside the wheel. Contrary to
Sheldon Brown’s story, many unicyclists like it if their steed has
some Q-factor, even more than strictly needed for above reason. Higher
Q is often accomplished by angling the cranks out (and is sometimes
regarded as being the same - but it’s not). This can be for improved
stability in trials and MUni, or for not bashing your ankles on the
cranks. However, for high cadence unicycling, as in racing, a low
Q-factor is generally preferred.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“dit dit diddle diddle dit dit did-it, dit dit diddle diddle dit dit did-it, dit diddle dit dit dit diddle dit dit, diddle-diddle-diddle-diddle-dit dit diddle diddle dit dit did-it,… - Spudman”