Why does Terry ride his 36" uni more than his 26" guni?

In this video Terry compares his geared 26er with his un-geared 36er to see which one rides faster, results as follows:

Unicycle Weight Top speed
26" geared 7.51 kg 16.1 mph
36" un-geared 7.71 kg 15.6 mph

I’m curious. Obviously the geared unicycle is more expensive but Terry owns both of these machines anyway, and the geared 26er not only is lighter but also faster, not to mention much more portable due to it’s smaller size, so why is it that he doesn’t use his geared 26" for long distance?

Because unicycling isn’t about logic and maths, and 0.2 Kg extra weight and 3% loss of speed are neither here nor there.

I have 24, 28, 29 and 36 inch unis in my garage, and a fixed wheel bike and a gravel bike and sometimes I don’t know which one I’m going to ride today until I take one off the rack.

Because he wants to.

You should really ask him, but my guess is: Small wheels are more sensitive to bumps. At roughly the same speed, a 36" is, in my experience, the more comfortable option versus the geared 26".

There are advantages to both a 26G and 36" uni’s. Some of the advantages of the 36" that I see are:
Smother ride
Less squirrly
Rolls over bumps easier and is easier to maintain balance.
Less rolling resistance, a larger wheel rolls easier
Larger tires last longer then smaller tires, more miles per tire
No friction loss in gearing
No gears to maintain
Fewer parts to breakdown
Less down time, no hard to find parts required
Cost less to purchase and own
Lower value risk of theft

For road riding it is hard to beat a 36", it just rolls on with the greatest of ease.

Terry should tell you, he reads the forum.
My guess is that he lives in LA and it’s all very flat around his house with dedicated no-car paths. So a 36" makes total sense for a chill ride there. His Guni is kitted for muni, and that’s not ideal on the tarmac.
Plus all that my colleagues said above, the main one being you can’t cruise chilled on a Shlumpf in high gear, it’s a pretty tense experience.