Why are people on Facebook unicycle chat so stupid?

Short rant because I need a break from online lectures…

It feels like almost every time I go on Facebook unicycle chat, and people have questions, there is at least one person who has absolutely no idea what he is talking about answering. This is particularily bad on technical questions (but not limited to them). For most questions, there are hundreds of people on there that can give qualified help, but somehow, people that have no idea on how things work feel the need to write nonesense. Recent example: “hubs wearing out from installing the wheel backwards”. People giving advice on tricks they can’t do. I think they are trying to help, but if you aren’t qualified, you are not helping. Instead, their plainly wrong comments are distracting from all the good advice there is. I guess Facebook as a medium rewards quantity over quality to an extreme…

To end this on a positive note: I don’t agree with everything that is written on this forum, but I think everyone on here has some experience with the things they talk about, and I appreciate that.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Why are people on Facebook unicycle chat so stupid?