Whos your Unicyclist Idol?

terrybigwheel, hand down!

I’ve never really been one to obsessively idolize an individual. Of course I imitate what I see others do, but I guess I believe that I too can accomplish similarly awesome feats if I practice enough. So why don’t I just idolize myself? I guess I’d have to concur with podzol that the vast and varying collective of unicyclists have inspired me.

It isn’t exactly a who, but a what.

I don’t have an idol when it comes to unicycling, there’s some great riders out there, and when I watch them, it is like “Wow, someday ill be doing that, I should go out and practice some more” and so I go out and ride for an few hours.

But its from the videos I see, the ideas that get passed along for new tricks, and the great write-ups I read from time to time. Those are what I idol, cause after seeing them, It just makes me feel good, and want to get out there and progress not only my riding, but try to spread the sport of unicycling as much as I can.

Thanks to all of you who take time to make great videos and write some amazing unicycling stories, with such detail it feels your riding along side of them, and for the creative people out there that keep coming up with new combos and tricks.

Being fortunate enough to live in an area with many great unicyclists, I have been inspired by many riders in our club. The talent and encouragement they give to new riders is remarkable. I am also grateful for learning so much in the past two months from all of you posters on Unicyclist.com. However, of all the unicylclists I’ve met, there are two I especially admire. Both of them have the last name of Cotter.

Connie personally invited me to learn to ride a unicycle and has encouraged me to advance my skills as well. It is hard to describe the sense of accomplishment I had from passing the level one test when I was 44 years old.

Andy hosted the “Down of the Farm Muni” event last Saturday. There was some unbelievable unicycling to be witnessed and it was a very welcoming group. Even though my Muni skills are beginner level, Andy encouraged all of us to “push ourselves”-and for me that’s what unicycling is all about.

as a rider I look up to Kris and Dan, although after talking with both I realize they are both just regular guys.
I dont know who I look up to in terms of a good person in the unicycling comunity tho.

Kelly Hickman

justin kohse, considering he introduced me to these forums and showed me that unicycling wasent just riding around but that there was a whole other side to it :slight_smile:

wow these are names I hadn’t herd for some time, but you forgot Paul Fox and his megaphone, still have hearing issues because of it.

Andrew Carter as soon as I saw one wheel addiction I thoug h he was the best unicyclist ever (i have also seen Defect) cause he does stuff that is possible the reason I dont look up on to KH is cause
Kris Holm is Jesus on wheel

Xavier Collos, Dan heaton and Anthony Hibbing.

Gilby cos without this forum I wouldn’t have met David Stone and through his setting up a meeting, a guy called Stu with whom I regularly unicycle and have set up a club with and have met/taught many other unicyclists.

Also Gilby for this forum, without which I may not have had the motivation to continue - all the advice, support, videos etc that I have gained from this forum.

And all the other unicyclists who have inspired/supported me on this forum.

Also Roger and Miyak (? is that how you spell it) for selling me all my unicycles. :slight_smile:

Cathy

Being a trialer, can’t say anything else but Ryan Atkins and Andrew Carter.

Definately Kevin McCullum because his stuff is awesome and we have similar styles.

Yoggi and Xavier.

the whole koxx one team but mainly Xavier Collos - when i first started unicycling i saw his vener video and its still the best unicycling video i have ever seen.

Dan Heaton, The Godfather of Street.

None, I got myself into unicycling and I’ll get myself where i want to go :smiley:

Andy Cook.

I love his fluid street style and his sense of humor.

I’m his #1 fan! :slight_smile:

Ben Linder

Mike Clark :roll_eyes: