Who is the oldest unicyclist?

though not scientific here are my benefits:

1. peace of mind
  2. better overall physical shape (heart rate going down, down,…)
  3. better lower back …
  4. peace of mind

cheers

Congratulations Martin, and welcome to the uni forums! :slight_smile: Based on my own research and experience over the past 5 years, I can attest that unicycling is, without doubt, one of the most effective and FUN ways to get yourself in the best shape of your life, both physically and mentally! :slight_smile:

chissakid
The gentleman who bought his first unicycle at age 92 is Fred Barton from Arizona. He’ll be 98 in September. We got word today through a close friend of his that Mr. Barton gave up unicycling about a year ago, per his doctor’s orders. He was still riding at age 96.

So is 96 still the record?

Now I wonder, how old is the unicycle? When was it invented? And when did it go into mass production?

Maybe Google or something else can translate this for you:

Short version:
1870 first unicycle
1880 first unicycle with normal cranks
1886 first unicycle race
1895 first artistic cycling championship with unicycle competition
1 Like

I’m Danish; I know a bit of german. Don’t compare me to those americans :wink: (just kidding).

I can’t read it!
Not because it’s in German but because the text is in gold over a blue background … why use such colors?
I can’t read it!

As a rule I don’t trust the color choices of web devs and just switch to Firefox reader view whenever I want to read a web page. Works in this case, too.