Who has done a 12 hour ride?

Okay, okay I just saw the thread “Who has done a 24 hour ride?” so this thread is for those of us who haven’t pushed to that level…yet. I think the same rules should apply as for that thread i.e. either completed at an official event or done on one’s own. Be honest. I’ll start out.

Name: Place: Year
Rob Youngren: Dirty Spokes 12 Hour, Fort Yargo, Georgia: 2007

Several of the slowest teams at RTL rode 12+ hours on Tuesday’s stretch for sure if not other days, though that was relay style.

Sorry, I guess my intent was for those who have completed a solo 12 hour ride with very minimal stops. Really thinking of people who have done a 12 hour race perhaps or just a very long day out on the trails… I’m didn’t really have a relay type event in mind.

My 100 mile ride took a little over 12 hours because I had to stop a lot due to the freezing weather (had to keep circulation in my toes) and because the last 25 miles was done in the dark. I guess December wasn’t a good time to do a 100 miles, but I had to get it in before the end of the year since it was one of my goals that year.

Man I really messed up this thread didn’t I? I guess the thread title should be:
Who has ridden off-road for 12 hours?
So, rather than start a new one let me just say that it was my intent to so who else in the world had:

1. Competed solo in a 12 hour mountain bike race on their unicycle (and how far they made it).
    or
  2. Ridden off-road over a 12 hour span (sort of like option #1 but w/o a formalized event)

I’m fascinated with reading about the guys who’ve ridden their unicycles solo in 24 hour mountain bike races i.e. Ken, Nathan and several others, so I wanted to see if there were any more guys and gals out there who’ve done much the same thing just half as long? Anyone? Sorry for the poor job creating this thread!

Man I really messed up this thread didn’t I? I guess the thread title should be:
Who has ridden off-road for 12 hours?
So, rather than start a new one let me just say that it was my intent to so who else in the world had:

1. Competed solo in a 12 hour mountain bike race on their unicycle (and how far they made it).
    or
  2. Ridden off-road over a 12 hour span (sort of like option #1 but w/o a formalized event)

I’m fascinated with reading about the guys who’ve ridden their unicycles solo in 24 hour mountain bike races i.e. Ken, Nathan and several others, so I wanted to see if there were any more guys and gals out there who’ve done much the same thing just half as long? Anyone? Sorry for the poor job creating this thread!

My coolest 12-hour ride was back in 2002 on White Mountain Peak with Kris. Here is the write-up: An adventure in descending although some of the links are no longer correct. The photos are moved to here: http://nhoover.smugmug.com/gallery/1207132

I think my only other solo 12 hour ride was MoonRide 2004 in New Zealand. For our 100 miler we tried hard to finish in less than 12 hours - not too tough since we picked an easy location, Lake Tahoe. 12 hours is a long time to be at it, that’s for sure.

—Nathan

added what I reckon was my first 12 hour proper muni ride (ie. not in a race).

Rob Youngren: Dirty Spokes 12 Hour, Fort Yargo, Georgia: 2007
Joe Marshall: Aviemore, Loch Einich, Braeriach, Lairig Ghru and back, Scotland: 2003