Which uni is for me?

I’ll talk to my dad about it this afternoon. :smiley: I really do want a DX, and the one on ebay isn’t that much more than the new Nimbus. I’d have to cut the seat post, but it’s not that much trouble. Maybe I can convince him.

Thanks everyone.

Now that I think on it further, I want to expend my dad as little as possible. I’ve got about 150 lined up which is about enough for the Nimbus, he’d just have to pay about 50-60 on it (to cover the expense and shipping). If I got the DX, he’d end up spending about 100. I don’t think I’m willing to do that to him right now, so I’m going to go with the Nimbus and let the muni wait until I have serious use for it. :slight_smile:

Belive me…You will be much further ahead to just save a little more and go for the DX first…Its much less to do that than to get a nimbus then have to upgrade soon after because your skills have improved.

And whadya mean you" dont wanna expend your dad"??? Hes a parent…Thats what theyre for:D

Haha, we’re kind of in a rut right now. I’ll talk to him about it. :smiley:

Do you have a job??..Cuz that would definately be a step in the right direction. After i got my job i could buy all the uni stuff i wanted…And i did,:smiley:

Haha, no. Unfortunately, I don’t have a job right now. I’m 16, and not a lot of people will hire me. The ones that will are too far away to walk, and I can’t drive yet!

Maybe if I had a unicycle. Lol.

Dont you have a Bike shop in your neighbourhood? Thats where i work…I started out sweeping up and cleaning up after the mechanics, then i was a bike assembler and now im a mechanic…You gotta start out somehwere. Plus if you work at a bike shop then you get employee discounts which makes everything cheaper.

unless you want to do big drops and other things I think the nimbus will work, especially since it seems like your going to do more street/road riding, and the DX has a knobby tire. it’s preferance though.

You’re right, I will be doing mostly riding on sidewalks. I’m pretty sure the Nimbus will last me, since I don’t plan on doing anything very extreme. I think I’m going to go for the Nimbus, because no matter how cool it would be, I really doubt that I’ll end up jazzing out with the tricks within the year. If I do get really hyped on it then I’ll ask for a DX for christmas. Problem solved. :smiley:

do like i do. Save up change and add it to the money that you get in cash and you would be suprised at how much it will add up to and how quick it will add up

or you could just get one of these wheelsets for christmas. they rule…:slight_smile:

I agree, go to a target or a wal-mart and get an empty water-cooler jug. It’s like a billion gallons, and I got it for like 2 dollars. I put all my change in it, and when I need some quick cash, I empty it out. Once it was fifty dollars, and it was only about an inch full.

Quick thought.

For tire pressure.

What psi is good for street riding, or should I just use the good`ol thumb-pinch method? Also, it’s really hot here, so I have to take that into consideration. :smiley: Ha, it would suck if I got my uni and ended up popping the tire in the first week. Also: what should I use to inflate my tire? Would a bike pump work? Can I just go and inflate it at the gas station? :slight_smile:

Your PSI is gonna be up to you really.

You can use a bike pump or the gas station, or an air compressor, as long as you have a tire gauge to find out your pressure and what your running so you can remember that setting.

Your gonna want to find a pressure that gives enough bounce to help with jumping higher, but not so low of a PSI that you bottom out from gaping and doing drops.

On my trials uni, I have the CC tire on it, and its recommended for 35-50 PSI. I run mine strictly at 30, and people here have them at 8, but they weigh 80 pounds, other people have them in the teens and 20s range.

Just experiment, see which one gives you the best control, best bounce, and most unlikely to fold over and bottom out.

Don’t mind the heat popping your tire, as long as you dont leave it outside or in the car for a long time, you’ll be fine.

Okay, thanks. :slight_smile: I’m not too worried about jumping high, but it’s good to know.

wait if your learning to ride then why not just get a really cheap one off ebay?

or you can get a decent one ofr about twice as much that will work and be comfortable after you learn and hold up way better.

dude, get an 05 DX for $200 :slight_smile:
www.bicyclesource.us

I like mine… I don’t treat it well, but it doesn’t seem to mind too much … yeahhh

i took it off of a 9’ drop
its fine(that one was into sand)

i took it off a 5’ drop onto the ground and nothing is bent , im happy
I also jump up 3 stairs w/ it … I like it a lot

its my 2nd baby (after my skimboard which I have to take care of to keep it good)