Which frame is better the KH 08 long neck or the Nimbus X CrMo Long-neck

Thanks to everyone, its made me think.
Does any one have a like for ringmaster unis.

I was wondering… Which is stronger the Nimbus X longneck or the KH longneck?

I would put my money on the nimbus.

(trailing off) Since we were talking about crappy frames used for cool things, what do you think about the torker ax frame being used for street or trials?
The thing is super super light.

40mm machined bearing holders.

So? get 40mm bearings.

the only splined hubs that have 40mm bearings are non-isis.

a.k.a. heavy, but there is one you could use but it would be expensive.

You can order custom bearings.

The Nimbus X Longneck only accepts 22.2mm posts. Though the steel Nimbus frame itself may be stronger(I don’t know if this is true), the posts you’ll be using are more likely to break than the KH posts.

Didnt think of that. If you use a chomo seat post though.

Bearings have about nothing to do with hubs. Goto your local bike shope and order some 40mm bearings. They come with the torker dx, try ordering from torker.

As of right now, there is no 40mm OD bearing that will fit an ISIS hub. So sure, you could order some 40mm bearings, but they won’t have much use.

This has been discussed numerous times before, and how a minimum production run in the 1,000s is a barrier to just making custom bearings.

I would say bearings have a lot to do with hubs. Can’t use a hub without bearings.

That’s not true. Profile hub.

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=145

But, having said that, the best combination is still the KH20 + the KH hub.

corbin

That’s why I specified ISIS.

Profile does offer a titanium version of their hub which if you search my previous posts I talk about price, weight, and comparison to KH Ti hub. It is costly, but cheaper than the KH.

Of course; but it this seems more like a discussion of “which hub fits 40 mm”. The original poster never asked for just ISIS.

corbin