Which Computer for Coker?

hey, do standard cycle computers go to 36" ? or do you put two sensors on at 18"

Which ones are you guys using?

I’ve had several computers that were programmable for the 36" wheel. My problem has always been tearing the wire from the sensor or base plate. Even using a ridiculous amount of zip-ties and routing the wire on the wheel-side of the fork doesn’t seem to help. The other problem is the magnet has to be very close to the sensor or it doesn’t work. The worst thing about this is when you return from at least a ten mile ride to find your computer stopped working at 1.5 miles. My next one will be wireless, but I’m not sure which one…

be careful to try it and check the wireless transmission distance is okay, you’ll be okay mounting the computer on the seatpost, but if you want a wrist mounted one or a handle mounted one on a coker you’ve got to be careful about maximum distances for the transmitter.

With a wired one, new magnets & sensors can sometimes get rid
of the problem with it stopping working.

Joe

There is at least one cycle computer made by Echo which can be used on a Coker. I don’t know which model(s) it is.

Re: Which Computer for Coker?

I first used a cheap Avocet 25 and it was fine, but when I switched to a GB
handle the wire was too short so I switched to a Vetta RT88 wireless. It
works great. Many modern cyclometers support a circumference of up to 3m
which is enough for a Coker (2776mm). Two sensors might be more accurate,
but I’ve always just used one.

—Nathan

“Sofa” <Sofa.hw47a@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:Sofa.hw47a@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> hey, do standard cycle computers go to 36" ? or do you put two sensors
> on at 18"
>
> Which ones are you guys using?

I have an Enduro II on mine. It’s great. I had to put the sensor kindahigh due to wire length so I had to shim out the sensor, but it works fine.

There’s a pic at this thread:

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23054