Where do you put your feet?

On the pedals, do you like to have your feet centered, or on the toe, or on your heel? Personally I like mine centered.

centered, right at the arch. Its the best place imo, so when doing trials, you dont hyper extend your achillies.

Yeah, i just like my feet in the middle, you can jump easier with it on the balls of your feet, but eh.

For distance and muni, my feet start to hurt unless the balls of my feet are on the pedal. You also get more power by using the balls of your feet.

Is this… where do we put our feet, or where should you put your feet?

I have mine centred on the pedals - that way I don’t fell like my foot is about to come off the pedal.

Bear in mind this will vary in terms of what style of riding you are doing. Long distance riders will probably mostly tell you that they use the balls of their feet… as will Muni riders I think but there’s been a lot of clashing opinions in the past. If you search for threads about it you will probably find a lot.

I like the center of my feet, if I use the balls of my feet I feel like I’ll fall off.

Mainly center of my feet. It helps me to move them around a little bit. This is 20" on pavement.

On my bicycle, I get more power pedaling with center of feet, but can spin the pedals faster with front part of my foot on the pedals (platform pedals).

yay picture!

As you can see my left foot is my dominate foot for trials, I have more foot on my left pedal there for control, and I keep my right foot pretty much on my toes.

yay picture!

As you can see my left foot is my dominate foot for trials, I have more foot on my left pedal there for control, and I keep my right foot pretty much on my toes.

I go for the balls no matter what type of riding. Thats not what she said!

i ride feet centered doing trials and street but for going places its ball of my foot

on the pedals…

naa naa ok really i take the ball of my foot and put it on the middle of the pedal. That Helped? well ok mate ave a nice day k?:smiley:

i agree and its just the most comfortable

centre! it’s the only thing that works! :roll_eyes: (for me…)

I learnt to ride with the heel of my shoe shoved forward against the pedals.
Centered then.

Shifted to balls, and it was (almost) like learning all over again.

Trials seems to be the only style where centered still makes sense.
(Provided you can find it within yourself to consider 6ft drops to constitute ‘sense’ in any way.)

when i started uni-ing i had my feet centered but than i saw some puting their balls on the pedals. i tried it and noticed thats much better that way (better feeling, better check on what you do,…) :wink:

i´m sorry for my silly english :slight_smile:

Most things like general street and trials, I put the arches of my feet on the pedals. Get the most power out of them and don’t risk hyperextension or foot slipping off.

For flip tricks and long distance it helps to have your toes on the edge of the pedal.

Your english is still better than my german as mein deutsch ist nich sehr gut.

thanks…i´m learning it for 7 years now but in the tests i´m very bad always grade 3 or 4 or worse (i think it´s c or d by you) :frowning:
your german sentence is perfect, normal it means “nicht” but in my dialekt we say “nich” :slight_smile:

I had German in school untill St 7 (about 14 years of age).
I do wish I’d continued with it.

if you´ve learn german for such a long time, it can´t be that bad :slight_smile: