where do you keep your mobile while riding?

I keep my phone in my riding shorts leg pocket i think this is about the safest place if i don’t have a bag I think this because you normally fall backwards or forwards i rarely fall side ways expect on crank grabs.where do you keep you phone or do just not take it with you?

I usually keep it in my camelbak. Mine’s a trans alp though so it’s really big for a camelbak-my phone isn’t gonna get crushed in it.

camelback if i only bring it for an emerg, leg pocket if I plan on using it, or am expecting a call.

if i had a cell phone no one would call it any way so i dont have to worry about it:p

Re: where do you keep your mobile while riding?

In article <thinuniking.10wvtx@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com>,
thinuniking <thinuniking@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote:
)
)I keep my phone in my riding shorts leg pocket i think this is about the
)safest place if i don’t have a bag I think this because you normally
)fall backwards or forwards i rarely fall side ways expect on crank
)grabs.where do you keep you phone or do just not take it with you?

CamelBak “CommPocket”, left shoulder.
I once fell on my cell when it was in a hip pocket; it hurt.
-Tom

Re: Re: where do you keep your mobile while riding?

That was your first mistake

I keep my cell phone in the store where I will never buy it. It looks good there. I doesn’t hurt when I fall. I’ve never lost it.

pocket on my camelbak usually, i take an old phone aswell, so that it doesnt matter really if i land on it (quite unlikely)

Yay! Others who aren’t connected to the mothership! I will not be assimilated!

Re: where do you keep your mobile while riding?

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 13:43:02 -0600, thinuniking
<thinuniking@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote:

>where do you keep you phone or do just not take it with you?

Belly bag (I think you call it differently). Or day backpack if I have
it with me.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

I have a feeling you might need two points of contact with the ground for such a thing to work? Or at least training wheels on the front and rear. - John Foss commenting on a picture of a one-wheeled vehicle he saw on RSU.

i only just got my phone thats why i ask. i would rather not take it but my mum and dad want me to.
ben

I keep it in the left pocket of my pants. I have fallen on it sometimes but it’s still holding up well. I guess it gets more beating by falling of the table.

edit. And this is the promised land of mobile phones. Most of the people who are eight or older have their own mobile.

Re: Re: where do you keep your mobile while riding?

Over here on this side of the pond they’re called ‘Fanny Packs’. Which is unusual, considering they’re usually worn in the front.

I clip mine to one of the plastic rings on the front shoulder strap on my CamelBak. The important thing is to use one or two rubber bands to hold the clip shut on the phone. I have found that with this setup, the phone is relatively safe because it’s rare that you will fall hard on your chest, and it provides you with very easy access in case you receive or want to make a call.

I can post pictures if my description is unclear.

Daniel

Bum Bags

The little things like a belt with a bag attached?
Called a bum bag here in UK. American name “Fanny Pack” is obcsene as fanny is slang for female genitalia in modern English. Kinda odd as Fanny used to be popular girls name at turn of 19th century.

When I was lerning to ride out of the security of a corridor a few year back I knew I had cracked it when as modile rings, I reach round and take off my back pack and get phone out of side pocket from under stuff, answer and hold conversation all without wobbling.

Fool

Winter: side pocket of outer wind jacket.
Summer: siide pocket of cargo pants
or
Summer: in CamelBac --chirokid–

If I have my hydration pack it is buried deeply inside. I only answer if the ring tone is from home.

Otherwise in my cargo pocket.

I also have 911 on speed dial. :astonished:

I remember a muni ride a couple years ago. One rider lost their phone on the trail. It fell out of a pocket on their hydration pack. We knew about where it fell out but we couldn’t find it. We knew it was somewhere along a short section of trail. We had one person go back to a nearby business and call the phone. The rest of us spread out along the trail to listen for the ring. We did find it.

If you put your phone in your hydration pack, put it in a zippered pocket and keep it zipped.

Don’t wanna thread jack or anything, But where are the Palisades in your Gallery John? Appalachians?

That’s in the Cascades here in Washington state about two hours from Seattle. You can see Mt. Rainier in the distance in a couple of the photos. See the river down below the cliffs? That’s where the ride started. I posted a ride report in this thread: Almost epic muni ride.