when you crash... let go of the water bottle first

I’m beginning to understand what everyone is saying. I like to drink coffee while riding (both beer and root beer are not to my liking). Had it been GOOD coffee, I would have no doubt landed on my feet, not on the coffee. The brain would have screamed “watch out for the coffee!” Lacking coffee, I was lacking attention.

I only stop to buy water from the ice cream guy when I’m traveling light (no Camelbak)*. LAST time, I bought coffee instead, which prevented all falls and UPDs completely (and somehow riding with coffee is about the coolest-looking thing you can do – it makes the whole one-wheeled operation look very casual… you are obviously riding in style and comfort).

• unfortunate for the onlookers (because I’m a little fat), traveling light often means no Camelbak and no shirt. There is no greater pleasure than riding a Coker shirtless on a warm, sunny day. Nature provides the rays; I provide the breeze.

Coffee and Coker rides goes together like things that fit together go together.

One of my JC special rides is what I call the 10 shot Coker tour. 10 espresso shots during a Coker ride. Cycle around to 5 coffee shops and have 5 doubles. Straight espresso shots with a nibble of something to eat. Makes for a very motivated ride.

Could you even sleep after all those espresso shots and coker runs??? :thinking: :smiley:

Mmm, five double shots. Do you drink it while riding? Because if you spill a few drops while mounting, you’ve lost half your coffee. And you’d feel like a real doppio.

Someday I would like to do this ride with you.

+1 :smiley:

I haven’t tried an espresso while riding. A double espresso is small enough that it goes down quick. It’s gone before I would even have a chance of walking to the unicycle, much less mount and start riding. You need to drink them quick to get the proper flavor. That’s the beauty of espresso shots.

I’m always game for an espresso shot tour. The difficulty though is that it can’t include a Starbucks. And no mixed espresso drinks.

Last time I did the tour was when I was living in Port Townsend. Lots of good coffee shops there and I needed to try the coffee at as many of them as I could manage. Some had better espresso than others. Thankfully there are no Starbucks in Port Townsend.

My first thought: I hope he’s ok.
My 2nd thought: Maybe now he’ll have more time for the website.
My 3rd thought: Well, maybe not … if he really hurt that thumb!

I hope to see you out at the tomb soon. Take care!

PS: I have also had a bad fall while riding slowly on a Coker. I’ll show you how the next time I see you.

I used mine for the first time last weekend. It was so convenient I think I drank just for the fun of it. Towards the end of a long ride with about 6 miles left to go, I thought my camelbak had malfunctioned. I just couldn’t get the water to come out. Dismounting, I realized the pak was too light. :astonished: It was empty. Even after semi refilling it a few hours earlier it was already dry!?!

Since I was out in the middle of nowhere on a railtrail, I had to finish my ride before I could get near more potable water. Thanks to the camelbak I know I drank plenty of water that day. I just wish there were a warning system…

a voice?
“Hey, you have 2 cups left!”

a change in taste for the last 4 cups?
peppermint?

Ah, a reserved mini bottle tucked in the pak. Now that I can do! :slight_smile:

I love the coffee idea. Coffee and a chunk of fresh bread. I just might make an early ride of it someday.

"a reserved mini bottle tucked in the pak. Now that I can do! :slight_smile: "

How about a snack baggie filled with water. It’s the smallest baggie that I know of. Fill it and insert it into the wide mouth of the camelbak. When the last of the other water is out, just hammer the camelbak to pop open the baggie.