I’m interested in what it looks like when unicycles fail and what those examples teach us about the limitations of parts, materials, designs, etc., for different scenarios. Examples:
- Rider size/weight/aggressiveness
- Unicycle disciplines: muni, trials, …
- Extremeness of usage
I’d be fascinated to see photos and videos to learn about different unicycle models and what their limits are (but not to see people get hurt).
Part of what I’m interested in are examples like:
- “I tried [fill in radical maneuver] and it was too much for my [brand/model] and parts Y and Z broke (see photo). I’d recommend this other build level if you want to do that sort of thing.”, or
- “I tried using my street designed [brand/model] on trails and it worked for a couple months then my rim cracked (I weigh [X] lbs.)”,
- Or even when a uni [brand/model] was pushed beyond expected limits and handled it without problem.
My goal is not to push the boundaries but rather to hear about your hard-won experiences on where the boundaries are so we can safely respect them (while still having as much fun as possible).
This could be helpful for newer unicyclists, like myself, get an orientation on when to get a more capable piece of equipment, considering their weight, demands of their maneuvers, and limited budget.