Wheel Walking

I disagree with the wheelwalking advice about leaning back. When I watch the people who can easily wheel walk versus those who are struggling, the biggest difference is that those who are struggling have their shoulders TOO far back.

What I recommend is keeping your shoulders over your hub (or even slightly forward) and your butt slightly back. This distributes the weight better, but doesn’t give the feeling of having the shoulders too far back. Watch videos of wheelwalking (or even look at pictures) and draw a line between the shoulders/hips/feet. The line for Beginners is straight and angling back (like “/”), while for advanced it is closer to a merge of “>” and “|”.

Connie

Buy One Wheel No Limit and watch Connie w-w… simply incredible.

I had a lot of trouble w/ wheel walk, and wanted (and still want) to learn to glide, so i just went right to one foot, which I found a LOT easier!!!

I’ve been practicing 1 foot nightly for maybe 45 min the past 4-5 nights

i can get about 20 feet and am finally feeling that balance point almost every time

i can sometimes drag my foot a little bit, but never have any long glides
my driveway has a very slight slope, but my friends are getting glides about 3 times as long as mine

any tips?

(i’m doing this on a 24" toker w/ 1.95" knobby tire because i can’t do it on my muni, and my trials is in transit to me :-))

me too!
i’ve been getting OK at wheel walk, going at most about 10 or 15 feet. Then i decided, heck, why not try one foot now? even though i can’t go too far yet, it has come to me a lot easier than 2-foot ww. maybe if i get better at one foot with both feet, i could do 2-foot ww better! but i’ll still practice both one and 2 foot wheel walk.