Wheel Walking

I’ve been trying to wheel walk for about 3 weeks now and for some reason i can never get past like 7-10 feet!

Does anyone have any suggestions or helpful hints to lead me to victory over the wheel walk.

Thank you Whoever responds

i had this same problem and then one day it clicked

try going a lot slower than you would think you should go
actually pause between “steps”
lean back farther, too

Re: Wheel Walking

Toe heel, toe heel, …

Have you looked at this thread?
i need help wheel walking

If all else fails, book a trip to Minneapolis, Minnesota and visit the TCUC. Connie Cotter and the other TCUC members can give you all sorts of tips for wheel walking. :slight_smile:

I think the lean back thing will help a lot, i always look down when i go into the WW to look at my feet on the tire and then the tire always ends up behind me so ill have try to make myeslf look up.

As for minnesota, i was considering doing that because i live in iowa right below minnesota so it wouldnt be incredibly out of the way, but do they accept just random people walking in on them??

They’ll take guests. Contact the club to find out when would be a good time and where to go. I got some great tips about WW from Connie when she came to Washington.

Oh, and you should bring an indoor friendly unicycle. A freestyle unicycle with plastic pedals, non-marking tire, and seat with plastic bumpers would be just the thing.

just dont do it for a few days, and then try it again really slow and leaning back and ill bet you get it. its good to stop because you will “forget” how to do it the way you are now and then hopefully when you try it again it will be with better technique and more successfull.

Ok, ill work on jumping seat out for the next couple days then hopefull ill try doing ww’ing and ill have a revelation of talent

>I think the lean back thing will help a lot, i always look down when i go into the WW to look at my feet on the tire and then the tire always ends up behind me so ill have try to make myeslf look up.

>As for minnesota, i was considering doing that because i live in iowa right below minnesota so it wouldnt be incredibly out of the way, but do they accept just random people walking in on them??

Hi,
I’m a very proud member of TCUC. We accept any people to just come and stop by practices. The practice schedule is at
www.tcuc.org - under the member section
There is no cost right away and there will always be great people there to help you out. Hope to see ya soon.

-Ryan Woessner :slight_smile:
UNICON XI Ind Freestyle World Champion

Don’t turn down such a kind offer from the world champion! It doesn’t get any better than that.

Sorry for being ignorant, but what is he the world champion of?

Ryan (a.k.a. Smiley) is the world champion of smiling under pressure. :slight_smile:

At NAUCC 2003 (results here) Ryan was the expert male individual freestyle champion, male expert standard skill champion, and half (the better half?) of the expert pairs freestyle championship team.

At UNICON 11 (results here) Ryan was the male expert world artistic freestyle champion.

Ryan is very very good at freestyle. He’s got the moves and he is so smooth and consistent during his performances.