I have been working on wheel walking for the last 2-3 months. Here are a few
things that might be of help (and added to the Skill file)
The tips by Bill Gilbertson were very helpful. It takes a lot of time to get
this skill (for me anyway.) I had to keep track of my progress, because my
progress was so slow that it never seemed I was getting anywhere from one week
to the next. By measuring how far and average distance I could see I was
actually getting better.
One thing that was never addressed in wheel walking discussion before was how to
transition from and to riding.
Transition from riding: Prereq. First learn wheel walking without working on the
transition. idling with one foot on the frame.
- Idle one footed with foot on frame.
- As the wheel moves forward, tip your (frame) foot down so that your toe
touches the wheel.
- Keep pushing with that foot as you learned the wheel walk.
- Take other foot off pedal and continue wheel walking.
Transition to riding:
HELP. I have been trying this for a while now and can’t get it. If anyone has
any tips on how to get back on the pedals, please post them. Not having anyone
else around to give pointers for these skills is holding me back.
– Dirk Iwema Cincinnati, Ohio USA Internet: Dirk.Iwema@ae.ge.com