Wheel size?

I considering buying another uni (surprise,surprise!!). I’ve been using my 24x3 Muni for riding offroad and on the road. The Gazz does NOT like being put on pavement. I need something to just ride on the road, (possibly short commuting) and don’t know if I should go with a 26" or 700c (28-29") wheel size. I’ll be using it simply as a means to get from point A to point B, no hopping or tricks. I’ll probably just buy a entry level Sun as I already have a quality saddle, pedals and rims (26 and 700c) that I can upgrade to. Opinions please?

Re: Wheel size?

You say that now. How many times can you use that to commute, passing that same flat cement block over and over again, and not giving in?

Krashin’Kenny wrote:
> I considering buying another uni (surprise,surprise!!). I’ve been
> using my 24x3 Muni for riding off-road and on the road. The Gazz does
> NOT like being put on pavement. I need something to just ride on the
> road, (possibly short commuting) and don’t know if I should go with a
> 26" or 700c (28-29") wheel size. I’ll be using it simply as a means
> to get from point A to point B, no hopping or tricks. I’ll probably
> just buy a entry level Sun as I already have a quality saddle, pedals
> and rims (26 and 700c) that I can upgrade to. Opinions please?

Coker, Coker, Coker, Coker…

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others.
–Socrates

Big fun on the nimble and quick 29’er with a nice road tire doesn’t require hopping or dropping. It’s my most favorite way to get around town.

29’er, 29’er, 29’er

Erin

I don’t notice a lot of speed difference between my 24’ and my 26’ both with 170mm cranks.

29’er, 29’er, 29’er!

“Krashin’Kenny” <KrashinKenny.ni16m@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in
message news:KrashinKenny.ni16m@timelimit.unicyclist.com
> I considering buying another uni (surprise,surprise!!). I’ve been using

The Coker would be my choice. When short commutes turn into long rides
for fun, you’ll be glad you have a Coker. OTOH, I just built a 29" and have
used this for short rides (under 3 miles so far): more controlled than a
Coker
when pedestrians are about. I wouldn’t get anything smaller, though.

Arnold the Aardvark - can suffer foot in mouth when riled

I was about to say

COKER COKER COKER

But Scott got there before me.

If you want something that can be used as a cross country uncycle aswell, I’d get a 26" with a fatish (but not too fat) tyre and 125 cranks. O yes, I have got that :smiley:

Impress the natives and buy a Coker. I have a 24 for offroad, 26 for around town, and a Coker. I use the Coker the most.

kenny,

there’s another used coker for sale in austin. PM me for more info.

-Eric

The 28/29/700c is the sensible option: light, versatile, fast, a wide choice of tyres… With 110s, it’ll rival a Coker for speed; with 125s it’s an all rounder; with 150s it’ll do most things you ask of it.

But a Coker’s more fun.

Another option… seriously… for smiles per Pound/Dollar is a reasonable 24 with very short cranks. 102s are controllable, and you can scoot around at 14 - 15 mph easily, although you will average rather less on a journey. It’s easy to transport and store.

hey eric,
get some information for me about that coker
Thanks