whats your best trick(s)?

Like this?

Someone does it in this movie, too.

second one

well i started working on crank flips a few days ago but my pedal gets super loose when i ever i try them, so i have to wait unitil i get some loctite. I’ve gotten really close to landing some. The best trick i have landed though is probably sideways wheel walk, but ive only been riding for about 5 months.

Yes, stand-up coasting is quite possible. I’ve done it for a ways when working on stand-up glide, but I haven’t been able to coast, then stand up yet. If you’ve done flatland BMX (something which I haven’t done, but which I find almost as interesting to watch as unicycling) you’re probably familiar with coasting on one wheel standing on the pegs. It’s done basically the same way on a unciycle, except your feet (or foot if you coast leg extended) are higher, so it’s harder.

Julien Monney can go from backward coasting into backward stand-up coasting free-handed. He also does stand-up coast backward with the seat in front and coasting standing on the saddle.

my best trick so far is a mount:

i mount to wheel hop, then 90 degree unispin to seat out.
and that’s as good as i get so far…

Re: whats your best trick(s)?

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 20:02:27 -0500, wheeliemaster wrote:

>Is there such a trick as stand up coasting? Like with your feet on
>the forks, and the seat between your lower legs?

There sure is. Stand-up coast (on the crown) is done “routinely” by
Japanese freestylists. Julien Monney has done coasting while standing
on the seat.

Reino has ridden an ultimate wheel on a slackrope with his hands.
That’s gotta be the most difficult trick I know of.

My OWN best trick doesn’t bear mentioning.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“dit dit diddle diddle dit dit did-it, dit dit diddle diddle dit dit did-it, dit diddle dit dit dit diddle dit dit, diddle-diddle-diddle-diddle-dit dit diddle diddle dit dit did-it,… - Spudman”

Yup, that’s the trick I want to learn eventually. I don’t see how it would be possible on a 24" unless you were taller than an NBA basketball player. It’s barely possible on a 20". I think my problem (other than my lack of riding skills) is that I have 125’s on my freestyle uni. Shorter cranks would make the cross-over riding easier because you wouldn’t have to reach as far over the tire at the bottom of the pedal stroke. It’s near the bottom of the pedal stroke that I lose it because my calf rubs the tire.

The kangaroo style cross-over that I do is not difficult to learn. It took me one practice session to learn it and I’m a slow learner. But I’m still less than graceful doing it.

mine sorta depends on what people think is mroe impressive. ive nailed stand up glides and im consistent for like 60 ft with them or so now. but im close to landing a 360 unispin and im practicing the koosh koosh too. i think tho the stand up glide is the most impressive.

and wheelie master thats awesome you did flatland. i used to do it. flatlanding was what turned me on to uniing. have u ever heard of matt willhelm? hes insane man you should look him up. hes in my opinion the best flatlander out there.

and wheelie master thats awesome you did flatland. i used to do it. flatlanding was what turned me on to uniing. have u ever heard of matt willhelm? hes insane man you should look him up. hes in my opinion the best flatlander out there.
[/QUOTE]

Well, if he’s a newer rider I probably don’t know who he is. I never get to see current flatland because the X games only shows dirt jumping and vert. The guys that were popular in my day were Bob Haro (the father of freestyle), R.L. Osborn, Woody Itson, Ron Wilkerson. I remember Mat Hoffman when he was 13 years old and just getting started riding.

Do they have unicycle trick riding competitions? I would like to see that. I would also like see someone standing on their seat, coasting. That just doesn’t seem possible!

“There sure is. Stand-up coast (on the crown) is done “routinely” by
Japanese freestylists. Julien Monney has done coasting while standing
on the seat.”

Most of the Japanese actually do stand-up gliding. They do it very well, but there’s still a definite difference in difficulty between stand-up glide and stand-up coast. The only Japanese I’ve actually seen do stand-up coast (seen on a video, that is) is Daiki Izumida.

Damn, I knew I shouldn’t have read this post. I was just feeling good about rolling off a 15cm curb so that I could tell myself that I’d mastered all the level 2 stuff and could think of myself as level 3.
(Sob)

Cathy

Have a glance at coasting d’Julian : http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/freestyle.cfm

I recently landed tricks that are quite satisfactions : unispin 360, gliding downhill and standup ww but only with the first transition, i can’t get out of it without falling.

Manu

I don’t know any tricks, I only know skills.

Bieng a smart a** is one of them.

I don’t know my most impressive trick…probably standup ww and I can standup glide for like 2 feet.

I’m level 6 plus skills all throughout the levels.

My best is probably crankflips. Probably next week ill start practicing more variations like 180 flips and unispin flips.

180 to forwards plate tap

i guess my best trick would be 180 unispin i just lernd today

Re: whats your best trick(s)?

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:08:56 -0500, jsm wrote:

>Most of the Japanese actually do stand-up gliding.

You’r right. My bad.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“dit dit diddle diddle dit dit did-it, dit dit diddle diddle dit dit did-it, dit diddle dit dit dit diddle dit dit, diddle-diddle-diddle-diddle-dit dit diddle diddle dit dit did-it,… - Spudman”

Or more specific at http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/play.cfm?pi=w320240CSOS_4a
Or better, JuliEn’s own website http://www.monocycle.ch/index.php/Video (as you will find there different clips).

My (personal) hardest skills are the cranck-idle inverse and the step-around

That stand on seat coast is so amazing, I wonder if it’s a skill that more people will learn to do? I can’t see it going street anytime soon but it’d be awesome if it did.