What's In Your Bag? Post pictures!

@ Killian
Shrek. Perchance :). ?

Won’t show pics of my rucky, it’s full of Haribo
:slight_smile:

Nah. Less mainstream. Album it was on came out in '78.

Here is mine. For commuting and long rides. Some times it also includes spare tube, water flask and ultrasonic dogs repeller.

What’s with all the first aid kit’s I’m seeing on here? What happened to rubbing some dirt on it and continuing to ride?

Before it was bandage, band-aid, many-tailed bandage and scissors. I added there pain killers, hydric dioxide and cotton disks. One roll of bandage was removed.

I ride near cliffs. The first aid is a must for the day I plummet down on. I like that unicycle key chain!

Do those dog repellers work? Do the make a version for people? :stuck_out_tongue:

This is fantastic thread idea bri - I’m loving the first aid tips (lots of sharp sticks and rabid timber wolves up here. I think). Either way I’m going shopping.

I’d just hope like hell it killed me and I wasn’t seriously maimed.

Or if you manage to scrape yourself off the rocks and make it back without a first aid kit, they might make a movie out of it.

RABID WOLVES!!! WHAT?! I need to stop whining about the mountain lions (that only come out at dusk and night). There are much worse things to fear in the woods. Do you carry a gun?!

Ok, well maybe it was an australian shepherd and a chihuahua. But they were barking – they could have been rabid. The owners didn’t seem concerned but you never know.

you definitely need the dog repellant then. haha

Ooh dog repeller that’s a great idea. Like a whistle?

I guess I’m kind of a minimalist. Here’s what I took today on my 16 mile ride on the bike path. Wallet, keys, phone, folding hex key set, water bottle (with belt clip). I guess I should think about adding a couple extra items.

Yes, it works but on different distance for different dogs :slight_smile: Anyway they stop. Some of dogs running away and some just stay and watching. Wind seems to be a problem.

Like a device below, it makes sound and blinking. Looking for another one with two sound speakers (???) for bigger distance, this one works about 2-6 meters.

Isn’t every unicyclist a minimalist in some way? :slight_smile:

This thread provided a good excuse to clean out my hydration pack. Thanks! I don’t usually carry my pack riding my freewheel unicycles because it throws off my balance so I’ve taken to storing extra things I wouldn’t take on a ride like tire levers and my multi allen wrench tool. Besides that there’s sunscreen, a constantly replenished first aid kit, a set of allen wrenches (3, 4, 5, 8), an extra washer, a pedal wrench with 14mm socket, and a keychain commemorating the 10th anniversary of the Unicycle Tour of San Francisco.

I normally only carry my keys and my phone in an old media player case but because of recent brake issues I’m adding in a 3mm allen wrench (and 4mm for good measure).

This one is advertised as 50 feet. I really want one of these now, I’ve had no issues as of yet. But the stories are nasty, and a local unicyclist Chad Hinkle got bit recently while riding. You would want it to be easily accessible though. Perhaps attached to a strap of your pack on the front.

Nice! Why so many tire levers?

Does the SF uni ride still occur?

Testament, Return to Serenity?

I like to ride light, but normally still end up with a full bag :stuck_out_tongue: I usually carry

• A camera
  • Allen keys
  • Two spanners (don't know why I carry the spare one one)
  • A water bottle
  • Phone, sometimes
  • Plus a jacket or whatever, depending on the weather

I usually need 3 Pedros and 1 of the skinnier ones to change a tire on a 26" wide rim or a 36" so there’s a couple extras.

The website for the Unicycle Tour of San Francisco seems to be down right now. I didn’t ride in the 2013 one but it’s still going strong. It’s in September and if you’re not already on the berkeleyunicycling mailing list you may want to join.