What's in a color?

Oh yeah, in case you couldnt tell from my name and avatar RED UNIs ROCK!!!:smiley:

The cars a Soft top Mini im not sure what year, i found the pic on google

what is the obssesion among newer members and digging up old pointless threads.

but if you must kno my uni going to be orange like a summit with black stripes(rim and frame BTW) so it will look like tigger from whinnie the poo

purple with pink polka-dots

Jess Reigal style righ there.

KH.

I went with orange and black for my new uni (pics here - it arrived today).

For me, I kinda like orange. It’s a color a lot of people don’t really use/see that often, so it’s fun. Oddly enough, it’s not my favorite color, but it’s nice to have some variety.

My other uni is just all silver/chrome.

bllue
blue
blue
blue

blue seat
blue rim
blue spokes
blue tire

my brother and sister in law knows i love blue!

I did my old 24" torker CX up in a two tone quazi checkerboard pattern. I painted the rim black inbetween every other spoke, I painted the bearing housing, the crown, and the seat post clamp. It looked pretty hot, except for the fact that it was a Torker CX. And the paint chipped off pretty quickly. But, if you put some sort of topcoat on it, it would take a little abuse.

I used enamel paint like the kind you put on model airplanes. It was a buck for the plack paint, and another buck for a pack of brushes at Wal*Mart.

I also did the spokes on my 16" teal. It just adds a little sillyness to an already silly contraption.

I would do something like that to my Coker, but it’s worth more than my car.

My other unicycles came pre-colored. Red Nimbus II. Blue Miyata flamingo. Black Torker TX.

My trials/street is covered in stickers, but it was originally black. I would like to get that miyata color for my freestyle, or maybe an olive drab tire with a white frame.

Black or camo so you can hide it in the woods if the authorities show up.
carjug :sunglasses:

Zack Baldwin painted a Coker with that stuff. It looked very custom, but also very prone to scratching! I’ll save that kind of stuff for a car or something less likely to get scratched.

My favorite color for unicycles remains good old chrome.

BTW, the Mini looks like a relatively recent one (of the original kind). The ones in the background look much older. Probably taken at a “mini-meet.”

if I ever find someone to build my dream uni (an “old geezer’s trailer”) then I will have it painted dark red (“ox blood”).