What sort of shoes do you wear?

I’ve been more of a recreational unicyclist, but now I’m really starting to get into it. I’ve always just worn converse shoes, but today I tried running shoes and the soles were way too thick. I want to find some better shoes to wear while I ride, any suggestions? :slight_smile:

Check out these threads :slight_smile:

[THREAD]54161[/THREAD]

I’m a newbie to Unicycling. Only riding for almost 2 years I’m still learning basic skills. Changing shoes throws me off on a unicycle! anyway, I’ve used boat and skate shoes, but they suck in the snow. So, my friends showed me theirs… Breathable hiking shoes, kinda sneaker like with out heavy lugged soles and a well defined heel to catch the pedal. try to stick with something light too. So far, so good!

The right answer, as you will have learned if you looked at the other threads, will always include a mention of what type of unicycling you’re doing. Different requirements for Freestyle, Road, Trials, etc.

true, I was speaking as a beginner.

Gold lamé Jimmy Choos with 4" heels.

anything without laces

Shoes are for whimps!

Shoes? You don’t need no stinking shoes!

Just ask yourself, “what would Gracie do?” :roll_eyes:

I’ve tried the 5.10 impact, and the guide tennies, and love them both as shoes, but not so much for unicycling. don’t get me wrong, they are still some of the best shoes available, but my feet still get uncomfortable feeling the pedals dig into my feet.

I suppose what I am looking for is a flat shoe with the same traits as a clipless shoe - an absolutely hard sole, that can’t bend or twist at all. maybe a bit of rubber on the outside to keep it from slipping around, but I really want a shoe that doesn’t bend at all.

Should I invest in some fiberglass and resin, and make myself an insole? i’m afraid if would crack, I put a lot of pressure on my pedals.

Trials, MUni.

I’ve just bought some 5 10 impact 2’s. Been highly recommened in the distance thread I created!

If you are looking for trials go for vans/DCs etc imo. Good grip comfy and room for error!
Freestyle I reckon boat shoes types, no laces and give you full control of the cycle

I suppose what I am looking for is a flat shoe with the same traits as a clipless shoe - an absolutely hard sole, that can’t bend or twist at all. maybe a bit of rubber on the outside to keep it from slipping around, but I really want a shoe that doesn’t bend at all.

Trials, MUni.
[/QUOTE]

I’d look at something like these for flats with a stiff sole…

product_417060.jpg

I just recently picked up a pair of Nice Skate Shoes for Cokering. Way cool.

NSS.jpg

I like my addidas sambas for street/basic stuff

It’s how it always starts… Tragic.

I’m on a twenty Schwinn-a-day habit nowadays; I’m not proud of it.

To answer your question:

Really big, colourful ones - broadly similar to those worn by humorous children’s entertainers.

That or tap shoes.

adidas master st

I use globe vice ss shoes :slight_smile: They have lasted me 3 years, with one of those used for unicycling! Durable, but expensive.

those look great for me - i’ll need to try them out before i order them online, but that definitely is in the ballpark.

I find these quite good.

On a more serious note i tend to wear hiking boots.