what should my first trick be?

Sympathy and Help?

I remember getting my right foot caught in the spokes once. It wasn’t pretty :smiley: and is especially nasty because you know there is no way of escaping the rapidly aproaching concrete. SPLAT!

Needless to say: Thick gloves or wrist guards are a must, probably the first protective garment worth buying.

Wikipedia
I don’t think anyone has mentioned the section on Wikibooks about Unicycling!

(Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia that anyone can edit and add to. Gosh I sound like an advert!)

Here is a link to the Freestyle Unicycling section of WikiBooks. It has just about every Freestyle skill there is on one wheel. If you spot any that aren’t there please add them!

Alternatively here is a link to the Street Skills section of WikiBooks.

There is also a Trials skills section.

I hope this helps! Enjoy open source information!
AndyC

I was never able to just put all my faith in one foot while riding and just hoped it worked out…I decided to learn to one-foot hover first with my foot on the frame which was easy…really easy,then i went outside to my driveway which is slanted alot and would hover and then when my foot was infront of me i just pushed really hard and went…until i got to the bottom…then i just fell off…it was quite easy after that, and ii had gotten the “gist” of it withing 15 minutes

[QUOTE=krring]
i learned idling after freemounting. it’s a very handy skill to learn. hopping will keep you on the spot but it’s tiresome, in my opinion less graceful and can’t be done on a giraffe (unless you’re brave, i suppose)./QUOTE]
Well you may need to be brave, but idling is actually easier on a giraffe than on a standard unicycle.