What is coker?

I read here about cokers and munis. I know what muni is because I have one. But what is coker?

Re: What is coker?

Coker is a brand name for a specialized unicycle with a 36" wheel. The link below will show you one. It is meant for higher speeds and longer distances.

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=1&subcat=7&cat=Commuter

TB

The Coker answers the question, “how do you feel the wind in your hair while unicycling and it isn’t windy?”

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=84

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

OK, at the risk of being called “Mean to the Newbies”…

Look up at the upper right hand corner of this page… you’ll see a radio button that looks just like this:>>>>

Click that there button with your mouse cursor, and PRESTO!… you get the website search engine.

It will lead you to lots of interesting and informative threads which will answer your question, and more!

Re: Re: What is coker?

Oh such irony that the clown writes prosaically
<<Coker is a brand name for a specialized unicycle with a 36" wheel. >>

Yet the last of the dogmato revisionists writes almost poetically,
<<The Coker answers the question, “how do you feel the wind in your hair while unicycling and it isn’t windy?”>>

The Coker is the Hind huggernaut of the unicycle world - travelling ever onwards, crushing all before it, both feared and worshipped; the Coker is the Leviathan (in a strictly non-Hobbesian sense, because that would be boring and irrelevant; the Coker is the behemoth; it doth stride the narrow trail like a colossus; it is stronger than a speeding bullet, and faster than an ox; when the Coker is abroad, small furry woodland creatures seek shelter in the owl’s nest.

A yard tall wheel which is your equal partner on the trail, but never your slave… it is the laws of physics writ large and in letters of fear and pain… and often serves as an introduction to basic first aid skills too.

You want one.

Yeh, what Mike said.

A coker is an amazing machine. It has a really heavy wheel which means it takes a bit of effort to get it going but once it is it takes a lot to stop it, so it just floats over the bumps and eats up the miles. In a word… WOW!

Not to sound boring, but:

Coker is a tire company. They make tires.

Where that affects us is of course in their 36" tire. Before the Cokers came along, any unicycle with a large wheel pretty much suffered from “ultimate road feel,” in the form of a solid rubber tire. Ouch.

Veeerrry interesting. Thanks for the info.:wink:

:o yawn…

Not to sound argumentative, but:

http://www.coker.com/default2.asp

…tells me they are also a unicyle company. I prefer to think of them as a unicycle company whose core competency is tires. It is certainly not frames.

loafr wrote:
> I read here about Cokers and munis. I know what muni is because I
> have one. But what is Coker?

Champion of Champions, Death in Unicycle Guise…

Max effort squat/GM/dead Mondays
Max effort bench/military Wednesdays
Tickets are available…

Oops! That should have been ‘Hindu juggernaut’, or, for Victorian readers, ‘Hindoo juggernaut’.

My poesy outruns my typing ability yet again.:o

To summarise: for the purposes of RSU, ‘Coker’ means a big mean unicycle with a 36 inch wheel, loved by those who can ride 'em, despised by those who can’t.