What I the best unicycle for beginners?

and you will need them some day

As you can see, this type of question solicits a wide variety of opinions and comments. Don’t let anything discourage you. Any UNI you choose (within reason) should be adequate to learn on. If you are like most of us and you enjoy the sport as much as I do, you will end up with 3 or 4 UNI’s in a couple of years. The possibilities are endless. Most of the time you will get good information from this forum.

Maestro8 always makes oddball comments and is unforgiving for things that are easy to find if one looks, but that remark is uncalled for IMO. I’ve learned to ignore most of his comments.

The red hub on the cross is not the strong ISIS, it’s comparable in strength to the UDC cotterless hub. Both are moderately strong (Roger from UDC has done drops up to 4’ on his UDC cotterles, but he’s pretty light) one would likely go through a few broken “light” Qu-Ax/cotterless cranks on either before breaking the hub.

Maestro8 You are such a perv and disgusting person. :angry:

Welcome to the world of online forums. This one is tame compared to most. If you don’t have a sense of humor you won’t last long here. I thought it was pretty funny!

BTW, don’t take Maestro8 seriously.

Or Harper, or BillyTheMountain, or Dead Guy. Well, Dead Guy is usually pretty accurate and honest.

Come on you walked right into that one …

It’s a crime to pass this kind of opportunity by. Just learn to deliver them as well as take them. It’s more fun that way.

I suppose you’re a native speaker, so it’s easier for you. People like me have to upgrade their vocabulary continuously to keep up with the metaphors and idioms.

But take John Foss very, very seriously. He is a very, very serious person.

HAHAHAHHAHAH :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.amazon.com/M-Wave-659321-Unicycle-20-Inch-Wheel/dp/B001NGD5HK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_6

http://www.amazon.com/Avenir-Deluxe-Unicycle-20-Inch-Wheel/dp/B00165Q9F8/ref=pd_bxgy_sg_text_y

2 friends and I want to buy a unicycle for another friend for her birthday…(if she doesnt ride…she has a younger brother :wink: )
has anyone had any experience or comments about the m-wave unicycle?
I know the avenir is a decent brand…its more expensive than the m-wave, but it’s still not a good quality, strong unicycle… We might have to find one more friend to split the cost if we do go for the avenir… Do you the m-wave would be acceptable? Also, I can’t tell what cranks it comes with, 125mm? 102mm?

The “High quality alloy fork” is probably the alloy called “steel”, but it looks like a very decent beginner machine for the price. Should be very good for learning to ride on. Would not be great for Trials or offroad riding, but that’s not what a learner uni is for.

Judging by the picture, I would guess the cranks on that one are 125 or maybe 114. Both fine sizes for learning.

Beginner Unicycle

Personally, I have a 24 inch Club. It’s very smooth ride (althought I’m still learning to ride :slight_smile: ), further, the cranks are solid, frame’s light too,
My only quip is the frame color is orange, but , hey, its a beginner uni, so
color’s not such a big deal!