what happened?

I can’t figure out what happened at the end from this article? Did they
kill Arafat?

Arafat Calls World Leaders for Help
Fri Mar 29, 6:32 PM ET

By HADEEL WAHDAN, Associated Press Writer

RAMALLAH, West Bank (AP) - Israeli troops backed by tanks swarmed into
Yasser Arafat (news - web sites)'s
headquarters Friday, punching holes in walls and fighting room to room
as the Palestinian leader huddled in a windowless
office and made frantic appeals to world leaders by cellphone.

Five Palestinians and an Israeli soldier were
killed as Israeli forces took over the West Bank city of
Ramallah and Arafat’s sprawling compound, where 25
Palestinians were wounded and 60
detained.

In the latest Palestinian attack, an 18-year-old
woman blew herself up at the entrance of a
Jerusalem supermarket, killing herself and two
Israelis. The Al-Aqsa Brigades, a militia close to
Arafat’s Fatah (news - web sites) movement, said it
sent the bomber.

The Ramallah operation was described by Israeli
officials as the first stage of a much larger assault
aimed at destroying the “terrorist infrastructure”
that Israelis blame for the hundreds of deaths they
have suffered in 18 months of relentless violence.
More than a thousand Palestinians also have
died.

Israel said it had no plans to kill Arafat but
wanted to isolate him.

Throughout the day, Israeli tanks shelled buildings
in the compound and soldiers entered buildings
and traded fire with Palestinians. By nightfall,
Arafat was trapped in his three-story office building,
which was plunged into darkness when soldiers cut
off electricity and destroyed a generator.
Phone links were blocked, leaving Arafat with only
a cell phone to connect him with the outside
world.

Arafat was in a windowless room, following events
on television, giving phone interviews to Arab
satellite TV channels and speaking by phone to more
than a dozen world leaders. Arafat pleaded
for immediate international intervention, but was
not given real promises, one of his aides said.

The Palestinian news agency WAFA said some of the
leaders Arafat spoke with were U.N.
Secretary-General Kofi Annan (news - web sites), Egyptian President
Hosni Mubarak (news - web sites), Lebanese Prime
Minister Rafik Hariri, Arab League leader Amr Moussa, Libyan leader
Moammar Gadhafi and the heads of several African
nations.

A submachine gun placed on the table in front of him, Arafat was
defiant. “They want me under arrest or in exile or dead,
but I am telling them, I prefer to be martyred,” he said in a
telephone interview with Al-Jazeera, the Arab satellite television
channel. “May God make us martyrs.”

Annan convened an emergency session of the U.N. Security Council
Friday night to discuss the Mideast crisis.

In an interview with CNN, Arafat assailed Israel, saying the
Palestinian people were “fighting this tyranny.” He said
Palestinians will continue “in the face of … this terrorist
occupation.”

In yet another interview with Jordanian state-run television, Arafat
described Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon (news -
web sites) as “bloodthirsty” and bent on “blowing up” a collective
Arab peace initiative endorsed Thursday.

“Is this the right answer to the Arab summit and the proposal of Saudi
Crown Prince Abdullah?”

Arafat added that the United States “could have ordered him (Sharon)
to end the attacks. Why are they quiet despite all that
is taking place?”

In Washington, Secretary of State Colin Powell (news - web sites) said
Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon had told the
United States that Arafat would not be harmed. Powell urged the
Israeli prime minister to use restraint and consider the
consequences of escalation. But he added: “Let’s be clear about what
brought it all to a halt — terrorism,” and called on
Arafat to put a stop to violence.

Despite the violence, U.S. truce envoy Anthony Zinni continued his
mission, meeting with Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat
on Friday and speaking to Arafat by phone.

Erekat said Israel’s “endgame is to kill Arafat,” an accusation that
Sharon spokesman Ranaan Gissin dismissed as
“nonsense.”

The latest escalation began with a suicide bombing Wednesday in an
Israeli hotel banquet hall that killed 22 diners during a
Passover Seder, the ritual meal at the start of the weeklong Jewish
holiday. It was followed by attacks on two Jewish
settlements Thursday and Friday that killed six Israelis.

On Friday morning, after an all-night session, his Cabinet declared
Arafat an “enemy” and said the Palestinian leader would
be completely isolated. Israel began calling up thousands of reserve
soldiers, and the mobilization was expected to reach
20,000 troops, the largest in a decade.

Hours later, Israeli troops and two dozen tanks swarmed into Arafat’s
walled compound — an area the size of a city block
with a jumble of several interconnected buildings, surrounded by a
high wall with three gates.

Israeli troops know every inch of Arafat’s three story-office building
— it was the Israeli military headquarters in Ramallah
until Israel withdrew from the city in 1995. The bottom floor has
guard rooms, the middle floor houses Arafat’s office, dining
room and sleeping quarters, and the top has more offices.

In Friday’s assault, heavy tank and gunfire hit the building’s first
and third floors, Information Minister Yasser Abed Rabbo
said — the first time Israel directly targeted the building. Israeli
snipers took positions on rooftops, and tanks shelled the
intelligence headquarters in the complex.

Israeli troops broke into structures adjacent to Arafat’s offices and
punched holes in walls, moving room to room toward his
building. At one point, they broke through a wall into the office
building itself and traded fire with Palestinians through the
hole, the Palestinians said.

But the military said its soldiers did not enter the building. Maj.
Gen. Yitzhak Eitan, commander of Israeli troops in the West
Bank, said troops were in control of the whole compound except
Arafat’s offices. He said large amounts of weapons were
found and about 60 people were detained. Abed Rabbo told CNN those
detained were unarmed, mostly secretaries and
drivers.

Earlier this month, the Israeli military carried out an extensive
operation in the West Bank and Gaza Strip (news - web sites),
sending 20,000 soldiers into towns, villages and refugee camps in a
hunt for Palestinian militants. That operation was the
biggest since Israel’s 1982 invasion of Lebanon.

Zinni, the U.S. envoy, had reported some progress toward a cease-fire
this week. Israel had accepted Zinni’s timetable for
implementing a truce with some reservations, while the Palestinians
sought more clarifications.

Thursday evening, with Israeli retaliation for the Passover bombing
already imminent, Arafat said he was ready to
immediately implement the U.S. truce plan without conditions. But he
stopped short of formally declaring a cease-fire.

Sharon later said Israel had sought a cease-fire but only received
“terrorism, terrorism and more terrorism.”

The Israeli assault sparked protests by Palestinian refugees in camps
in Syria, Jordan and Lebanon. Arab leaders said the
assault was aimed at wrecking an unprecedented peace initiative
approved at an Arab summit on Thursday, offering Israel
normal relations in exchange for its withdrawal from territory
captured in the 1967 Mideast war.

Re: what happened?

On Friday 29 March 2002 09:44 pm, Rodney Blackwell ® wrote:

> I can’t figure out what happened at the end from this article? Did they
> kill Arafat?

Wow I was just gona post about this shit.

from

RAMALLAH, West Bank ?? Israeli troops backed by tanks swarmed into Yasser
Arafat’s headquarters Friday, punching holes in walls and fighting room to
room as the Palestinian leader huddled in a windowless office and made
frantic appeals to world leaders by cellphone.

I really think we should do something… what I dont know. maybe give all
involved a good spanking, and then lock them in a room till they make an
agreement.

an eye for an eye really dosnt work if both sides do it, they just need to
go cold turky


John R. Marshall - Web Developer

JRM Studios - http://www.jrmstudios.com
The Hotrodding Network - http://www.hotrodding.net

Re: what happened?

On Friday 29 March 2002 10:01 pm, John R. Marshall wrote:

>
> from
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A37739-2002Mar29.html

Well I’m an idiot, that’s the same story you posted :slight_smile:

Arafat is still alive but trapped in a room right now.


John R. Marshall - Web Developer

JRM Studios - http://www.jrmstudios.com
The Hotrodding Network - http://www.hotrodding.net

Re: what happened?

One word: wow.

“Rodney Blackwell ®” <rcircler@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:3CA5268F.1DF53889@yahoo.com
> I can’t figure out what happened at the end from this article? Did they
> kill Arafat?
> http://tinyurl.com/1xe
>
> Arafat Calls World Leaders for Help
> Fri Mar 29, 6:32 PM ET
>
> By HADEEL WAHDAN, Associated Press Writer
>
> RAMALLAH, West Bank (AP) - Israeli troops backed by tanks swarmed into
> Yasser Arafat (news - web sites)'s
> headquarters Friday, punching holes in walls and fighting room to room
> as the Palestinian leader huddled in a windowless
> office and made frantic appeals to world leaders by cellphone.
>
> Five Palestinians and an Israeli soldier were
> killed as Israeli forces took over the West Bank city of
> Ramallah and Arafat’s sprawling compound, where 25
> Palestinians were wounded and 60
> detained.
>
> In the latest Palestinian attack, an 18-year-old
> woman blew herself up at the entrance of a
> Jerusalem supermarket, killing herself and two
> Israelis. The Al-Aqsa Brigades, a militia close to
> Arafat’s Fatah (news - web sites) movement, said it
> sent the bomber.
>
> The Ramallah operation was described by Israeli
> officials as the first stage of a much larger assault
> aimed at destroying the “terrorist infrastructure”
> that Israelis blame for the hundreds of deaths they
> have suffered in 18 months of relentless violence.
> More than a thousand Palestinians also have
> died.
>
> Israel said it had no plans to kill Arafat but
> wanted to isolate him.
>
> Throughout the day, Israeli tanks shelled buildings
> in the compound and soldiers entered buildings
> and traded fire with Palestinians. By nightfall,
> Arafat was trapped in his three-story office building,
> which was plunged into darkness when soldiers cut
> off electricity and destroyed a generator.
> Phone links were blocked, leaving Arafat with only
> a cell phone to connect him with the outside
> world.
>
> Arafat was in a windowless room, following events
> on television, giving phone interviews to Arab
> satellite TV channels and speaking by phone to more
> than a dozen world leaders. Arafat pleaded
> for immediate international intervention, but was
> not given real promises, one of his aides said.
>
> The Palestinian news agency WAFA said some of the
> leaders Arafat spoke with were U.N.
> Secretary-General Kofi Annan (news - web sites), Egyptian President
> Hosni Mubarak (news - web sites), Lebanese Prime
> Minister Rafik Hariri, Arab League leader Amr Moussa, Libyan leader
> Moammar Gadhafi and the heads of several African
> nations.
>
> A submachine gun placed on the table in front of him, Arafat was
> defiant. “They want me under arrest or in exile or dead,
> but I am telling them, I prefer to be martyred,” he said in a
> telephone interview with Al-Jazeera, the Arab satellite television
> channel. “May God make us martyrs.”
>
> Annan convened an emergency session of the U.N. Security Council
> Friday night to discuss the Mideast crisis.
>
> In an interview with CNN, Arafat assailed Israel, saying the
> Palestinian people were “fighting this tyranny.” He said
> Palestinians will continue “in the face of … this terrorist
> occupation.”
>
> In yet another interview with Jordanian state-run television, Arafat
> described Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon (news -
> web sites) as “bloodthirsty” and bent on “blowing up” a collective
> Arab peace initiative endorsed Thursday.
>
> “Is this the right answer to the Arab summit and the proposal of Saudi
> Crown Prince Abdullah?”
>
> Arafat added that the United States “could have ordered him (Sharon)
> to end the attacks. Why are they quiet despite all that
> is taking place?”
>
> In Washington, Secretary of State Colin Powell (news - web sites) said
> Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon had told the
> United States that Arafat would not be harmed. Powell urged the
> Israeli prime minister to use restraint and consider the
> consequences of escalation. But he added: “Let’s be clear about what
> brought it all to a halt - terrorism,” and called on
> Arafat to put a stop to violence.
>
> Despite the violence, U.S. truce envoy Anthony Zinni continued his
> mission, meeting with Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat
> on Friday and speaking to Arafat by phone.
>
> Erekat said Israel’s “endgame is to kill Arafat,” an accusation that
> Sharon spokesman Ranaan Gissin dismissed as
> “nonsense.”
>
> The latest escalation began with a suicide bombing Wednesday in an
> Israeli hotel banquet hall that killed 22 diners during a
> Passover Seder, the ritual meal at the start of the weeklong Jewish
> holiday. It was followed by attacks on two Jewish
> settlements Thursday and Friday that killed six Israelis.
>
> On Friday morning, after an all-night session, his Cabinet declared
> Arafat an “enemy” and said the Palestinian leader would
> be completely isolated. Israel began calling up thousands of reserve
> soldiers, and the mobilization was expected to reach
> 20,000 troops, the largest in a decade.
>
> Hours later, Israeli troops and two dozen tanks swarmed into Arafat’s
> walled compound - an area the size of a city block
> with a jumble of several interconnected buildings, surrounded by a
> high wall with three gates.
>
> Israeli troops know every inch of Arafat’s three story-office building
> - it was the Israeli military headquarters in Ramallah
> until Israel withdrew from the city in 1995. The bottom floor has
> guard rooms, the middle floor houses Arafat’s office, dining
> room and sleeping quarters, and the top has more offices.
>
> In Friday’s assault, heavy tank and gunfire hit the building’s first
> and third floors, Information Minister Yasser Abed Rabbo
> said - the first time Israel directly targeted the building. Israeli
> snipers took positions on rooftops, and tanks shelled the
> intelligence headquarters in the complex.
>
> Israeli troops broke into structures adjacent to Arafat’s offices and
> punched holes in walls, moving room to room toward his
> building. At one point, they broke through a wall into the office
> building itself and traded fire with Palestinians through the
> hole, the Palestinians said.
>
> But the military said its soldiers did not enter the building. Maj.
> Gen. Yitzhak Eitan, commander of Israeli troops in the West
> Bank, said troops were in control of the whole compound except
> Arafat’s offices. He said large amounts of weapons were
> found and about 60 people were detained. Abed Rabbo told CNN those
> detained were unarmed, mostly secretaries and
> drivers.
>
> Earlier this month, the Israeli military carried out an extensive
> operation in the West Bank and Gaza Strip (news - web sites),
> sending 20,000 soldiers into towns, villages and refugee camps in a
> hunt for Palestinian militants. That operation was the
> biggest since Israel’s 1982 invasion of Lebanon.
>
> Zinni, the U.S. envoy, had reported some progress toward a cease-fire
> this week. Israel had accepted Zinni’s timetable for
> implementing a truce with some reservations, while the Palestinians
> sought more clarifications.
>
> Thursday evening, with Israeli retaliation for the Passover bombing
> already imminent, Arafat said he was ready to
> immediately implement the U.S. truce plan without conditions. But he
> stopped short of formally declaring a cease-fire.
>
> Sharon later said Israel had sought a cease-fire but only received
> “terrorism, terrorism and more terrorism.”
>
> The Israeli assault sparked protests by Palestinian refugees in camps
> in Syria, Jordan and Lebanon. Arab leaders said the
> assault was aimed at wrecking an unprecedented peace initiative
> approved at an Arab summit on Thursday, offering Israel
> normal relations in exchange for its withdrawal from territory
> captured in the 1967 Mideast war.
>

Re: what happened?

so they can’t get in that one room? man, that’s intense…

I bet it’s a big marketing ploy for the new movie opening today, “Panic
Room”


Rodney Blackwell - site owner/administrator

http://T-ShirtCountdown.com http://TalkT-Shirts.com/
http://ihateclowns.com/ http://Globie.com/
http://DomainJunkies.com/ http://reservoirfrogs.tk
http://GotPaintball.com/ http://CircleRPrinting.com

“John R. Marshall” <john@jrmstudios.com> wrote in message
news:a83aaf$b0$2@www.darklock.com
> On Friday 29 March 2002 10:01 pm, John R. Marshall wrote:
>
> >
> > from
> > http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A37739-2002Mar29.html
>
> Well I’m an idiot, that’s the same story you posted :slight_smile:
>
> Arafat is still alive but trapped in a room right now.
>
> –
> John R. Marshall - Web Developer
>
> JRM Studios - http://www.jrmstudios.com
> The Hotrodding Network - http://www.hotrodding.net

Re: what happened?

“John R. Marshall” <john@jrmstudios.com> wrote in message
news:a839pl$b0$1@www.darklock.com
> On Friday 29 March 2002 09:44 pm, Rodney Blackwell ® wrote:
>
> > I can’t figure out what happened at the end from this article? Did they
> > kill Arafat?
>
> Wow I was just gona post about this shit.
>
> from
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A37739-2002Mar29.html
>
> RAMALLAH, West Bank ?? Israeli troops backed by tanks swarmed into Yasser
> Arafat’s headquarters Friday, punching holes in walls and fighting room to
> room as the Palestinian leader huddled in a windowless office and made
> frantic appeals to world leaders by cellphone.
>
> I really think we should do something… what I dont know. maybe give all
> involved a good spanking, and then lock them in a room till they make an
> agreement.
>
> an eye for an eye really dosnt work if both sides do it, they just need to
> go cold turky

Palestinians can not be seen as civiliced people any more.
They are complete out of controll killers.

I just read that a representative from Irak distributed in a ceremony
to 47 families of suicide bombers $25.000 checks.

When something is in this style out of controll,
the victim has in his right to self defence also the right
to do unusual things.

I think in this case to kill all the 47 families which received
so proud the $25000 checks.

Each suicide bomber should know in the future:
he is killing not only some Israeli, but also his mother
his father and all his brothers and sisters.


Roland Mösl
http://pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization
http://BeingFound.com Web Design starts at the search engine

Re: what happened?

I’m pretty sure they didn’t - they don’t want to. They want to kick him
out of the country rather than make him a martyr.

Rodney Blackwell =AE wrote:
> =

> I can’t figure out what happened at the end from this article? Did they=

> kill Arafat?
> http://tinyurl.com/1xe
> =

> Arafat Calls World Leaders for Help
> Fri Mar 29, 6:32 PM ET
> =

> By HADEEL WAHDAN, Associated Press Writer
> =

> RAMALLAH, West Bank (AP) - Israeli troops backed by tanks swarmed int=
o
> Yasser Arafat (news - web sites)'s
> headquarters Friday, punching holes in walls and fighting room to roo=
m
> as the Palestinian leader huddled in a windowless
> office and made frantic appeals to world leaders by cellphone.
> =

> Five Palestinians and an Israeli soldier were
> killed as Israeli forces took over the West Bank city of
> Ramallah and Arafat’s sprawling compound, where 25=

> Palestinians were wounded and 60
> detained.
> =

> In the latest Palestinian attack, an 18-year-old
> woman blew herself up at the entrance of a
> Jerusalem supermarket, killing herself and two
> Israelis. The Al-Aqsa Brigades, a militia close to
> Arafat’s Fatah (news - web sites) movement, said i=
t
> sent the bomber.
> =

> The Ramallah operation was described by Israeli
> officials as the first stage of a much larger assault
> aimed at destroying the “terrorist infrastructure”=

> that Israelis blame for the hundreds of deaths they
> have suffered in 18 months of relentless violence.=

> More than a thousand Palestinians also have
> died.
> =

> Israel said it had no plans to kill Arafat but
> wanted to isolate him.
> =

> Throughout the day, Israeli tanks shelled building=
s
> in the compound and soldiers entered buildings
> and traded fire with Palestinians. By nightfall,
> Arafat was trapped in his three-story office building,
> which was plunged into darkness when soldiers cut
> off electricity and destroyed a generator.
> Phone links were blocked, leaving Arafat with only=

> a cell phone to connect him with the outside
> world.
> =

> Arafat was in a windowless room, following events
> on television, giving phone interviews to Arab
> satellite TV channels and speaking by phone to mor=
e
> than a dozen world leaders. Arafat pleaded
> for immediate international intervention, but was
> not given real promises, one of his aides said.
> =

> The Palestinian news agency WAFA said some of the
> leaders Arafat spoke with were U.N.
> Secretary-General Kofi Annan (news - web sites), Egyptian President
> Hosni Mubarak (news - web sites), Lebanese Prime
> Minister Rafik Hariri, Arab League leader Amr Moussa, Libyan leader
> Moammar Gadhafi and the heads of several African
> nations.
> =

> A submachine gun placed on the table in front of him, Arafat was
> defiant. “They want me under arrest or in exile or dead,
> but I am telling them, I prefer to be martyred,” he said in a
> telephone interview with Al-Jazeera, the Arab satellite television
> channel. “May God make us martyrs.”
> =

> Annan convened an emergency session of the U.N. Security Council
> Friday night to discuss the Mideast crisis.
> =

> In an interview with CNN, Arafat assailed Israel, saying the
> Palestinian people were “fighting this tyranny.” He said
> Palestinians will continue “in the face of … this terrorist
> occupation.”
> =

> In yet another interview with Jordanian state-run television, Arafat
> described Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon (news -
> web sites) as “bloodthirsty” and bent on “blowing up” a collective
> Arab peace initiative endorsed Thursday.
> =

> “Is this the right answer to the Arab summit and the proposal of Saud=
i
> Crown Prince Abdullah?”
> =

> Arafat added that the United States “could have ordered him (Sharon)
> to end the attacks. Why are they quiet despite all that
> is taking place?”
> =

> In Washington, Secretary of State Colin Powell (news - web sites) sai=
d
> Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon had told the
> United States that Arafat would not be harmed. Powell urged the
> Israeli prime minister to use restraint and consider the
> consequences of escalation. But he added: “Let’s be clear about what
> brought it all to a halt =97 terrorism,” and called on
> Arafat to put a stop to violence.
> =

> Despite the violence, U.S. truce envoy Anthony Zinni continued his
> mission, meeting with Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat
> on Friday and speaking to Arafat by phone.
> =

> Erekat said Israel’s “endgame is to kill Arafat,” an accusation that
> Sharon spokesman Ranaan Gissin dismissed as
> “nonsense.”
> =

> The latest escalation began with a suicide bombing Wednesday in an
> Israeli hotel banquet hall that killed 22 diners during a
> Passover Seder, the ritual meal at the start of the weeklong Jewish
> holiday. It was followed by attacks on two Jewish
> settlements Thursday and Friday that killed six Israelis.
> =

> On Friday morning, after an all-night session, his Cabinet declared
> Arafat an “enemy” and said the Palestinian leader would
> be completely isolated. Israel began calling up thousands of reserve
> soldiers, and the mobilization was expected to reach
> 20,000 troops, the largest in a decade.
> =

> Hours later, Israeli troops and two dozen tanks swarmed into Arafat’s=

> walled compound =97 an area the size of a city block
> with a jumble of several interconnected buildings, surrounded by a
> high wall with three gates.
> =

> Israeli troops know every inch of Arafat’s three story-office buildin=
g
> =97 it was the Israeli military headquarters in Ramallah
> until Israel withdrew from the city in 1995. The bottom floor has
> guard rooms, the middle floor houses Arafat’s office, dining
> room and sleeping quarters, and the top has more offices.
> =

> In Friday’s assault, heavy tank and gunfire hit the building’s first
> and third floors, Information Minister Yasser Abed Rabbo
> said =97 the first time Israel directly targeted the building. Israel=
i
> snipers took positions on rooftops, and tanks shelled the
> intelligence headquarters in the complex.
> =

> Israeli troops broke into structures adjacent to Arafat’s offices and=

> punched holes in walls, moving room to room toward his
> building. At one point, they broke through a wall into the office
> building itself and traded fire with Palestinians through the
> hole, the Palestinians said.
> =

> But the military said its soldiers did not enter the building. Maj.
> Gen. Yitzhak Eitan, commander of Israeli troops in the West
> Bank, said troops were in control of the whole compound except
> Arafat’s offices. He said large amounts of weapons were
> found and about 60 people were detained. Abed Rabbo told CNN those
> detained were unarmed, mostly secretaries and
> drivers.
> =

> Earlier this month, the Israeli military carried out an extensive
> operation in the West Bank and Gaza Strip (news - web sites),
> sending 20,000 soldiers into towns, villages and refugee camps in a
> hunt for Palestinian militants. That operation was the
> biggest since Israel’s 1982 invasion of Lebanon.
> =

> Zinni, the U.S. envoy, had reported some progress toward a cease-fire=

> this week. Israel had accepted Zinni’s timetable for
> implementing a truce with some reservations, while the Palestinians
> sought more clarifications.
> =

> Thursday evening, with Israeli retaliation for the Passover bombing
> already imminent, Arafat said he was ready to
> immediately implement the U.S. truce plan without conditions. But he
> stopped short of formally declaring a cease-fire.
> =

> Sharon later said Israel had sought a cease-fire but only received
> “terrorism, terrorism and more terrorism.”
> =

> The Israeli assault sparked protests by Palestinian refugees in camps=

> in Syria, Jordan and Lebanon. Arab leaders said the
> assault was aimed at wrecking an unprecedented peace initiative
> approved at an Arab summit on Thursday, offering Israel
> normal relations in exchange for its withdrawal from territory
> captured in the 1967 Mideast war.

– =

Jay Tierney – jay@jaytierney.com