What do you do come winter?

Did I say -10C?
I meant -20C.

And I’ve unicycled down to -40, but at that point you get cold if you even try taking off one layer, even if you’re too warm with that extra layer.

I just remembered: I did mean -10, but that figure is for skiing. You don’t want to be skiing in just a T-shirt in -30C weather, wind chill is, ah, significant:p

In fact, most of my experience being outdoors in the cold is from early morning/late day skiing, and probably isn’t relevant to the greater amount of exercise and lower wind speeds unicycling provides.

There seems to be a lot more skiers than snowboarders on the forum…it’s nice
I go skiing quite quite a bit each year. Mostly freestyle, but I’ll do anything

I snowboard, I ride trials, street, freestyle, muni, I coker around, I make igloos and snowmen, I have snowball fights, blah blah. I just do whatever and have fun. no reason to stop anything because of the weather. No reason to brag about who’s in the coldest weather either. Its not gonna make you any bigger.

Well said… who cares what u do in the cold, as long as your having fun!
If u dont uni, the so be it! find something else to do thats fun:)

Actually you unicycle in the rain and sun you have only been unicycling for about 2 months and none with any snow in them so you can’t say you uni in rain,sun and snow :stuck_out_tongue:

I ride harder :wink:

Our winter IS SO COLD! Our lower temperature is about 4C! But usually is about 18C! LOL! :stuck_out_tongue:

Lately we are having 20+ in the winter… It’s the global warming :astonished:

I wish I had some snow… but there’s a good side: We can go to the beach in the winter :smiley:

lol… cold… you people dont know the meaning of.

I never get cold, my fingers just get painful and freeze up.

I live for the days of 0F, the air is so still and dry, its just amazing. Especially when your on the hill skiing when no ones around.

I’m going to schedule my the dates i need to be patrolling on A shifts on sundays primarily lol. I really want to, since i love early mornings like that.

ahh… cant wait til we get some real snow, and i can go ski.

(oh yeah, for the cold thing also i skiied in like -25F last winter, with -50F windchill, and i was sweating)

I’m not home sick, I’m winter sick. It is remembrance day and it is RAINing! My friends back home are all skating on outdoor rinks by now.

I’m not a big fan of the snow or the cold, but I’m still going to ride my uni. I’m thinking about studding one of my old trials tires too.

I love it when it gets nice and cold like that. The cold, crisp air just gets me pumped. My favorite is when I get ice in my nostrils while flying down some moguls

Alas, there’s no good snow yet :frowning:

ahaha.

At my tiny little pimple of a hill compared to that of colorado, we have a big of snow being made. we just got maybe an inch of snow today tops.

i really wish i lived somewhere with huge mountains and powder, that’d be an amazing feeling.

edit: a picture from the bottom of the hill, reason why i consider it tiny, showing roughly half of it. (dont worry, we have nice sized terrain parks, both big air parks and obstacles)

our park a few years ago, we have plenty more obstacles in the park now.

32ft down rail in the temp park (we have a temporary area for obstacles until we have enough snow in the actual park area)

Winter is so hard on me for unicycling. I read the forums, watch videos, look at my unicycles…and wish that I could go ride.

But luckily, theres the Toronto Unicyclists ! I go twice a week, and get to play unicycle hockey, unicycle basketball, unicycle tag, and practice skills. I will be doing alot of freestyle this winter :slight_smile:

-Isaac

EDIT: Snow is fun though, and I get to take a break from uniing. I snowboard, and I also have some snowmobiles, so that’s always good fun :slight_smile:

If it were colder here it would be better, all the local paths are so muddy during the winter that they’re unrideable.

It’s looking like it maybe the latest first snow on record for the Front Range. November 21, 1935 is the record. :frowning: