What do I need to get a KH seat on a DX?

Hey, I’m new here, and I have a DX. I’ve been wanting a nice KH Fusion seat for awhile, and, first off, can it even be put on a DX? If so, what do I need? Do I need a new stand also, or does the KH Fusion seat come with it? Will it just clamp on to the DX stand? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Yes you can just put a KH seat on a DX seatpost…And your stand shouldnt make a difference…

By stand I think he is meaning seatpost. However yes, the KH and DX seats have the same bolt pattern so either one will fit perfectly. All you need to do is take off the four bolts on the underside of the seat connecting it to the post and the new seat will fit right in.

Yeah, I meant seatpost, sorry about that. Thanks for the feedback.

The DX seat is pretty similar to the KH seat, so it might not be worth the extra money.

Yeah, they’re very similar. It’s not worth the money unless you broke your dx seat.

Oh really? I thought this Air Saddle thing was supposed to be like…better. I was fine with my DX seat, but after awhile of riding (like after 3 to 4 hours) there would be a bit of an annoying pain in the general gooch area. The way people were talking about these KH fusion/air saddle seats made me think they where made out of tempur pedic material…which lead me to think I could ride a lot longer more comfortably. How much more comfortable are they? The DX seat is a lot nicer than the CX or LX, but it’s still kind of hard; and I thought it could be better. Are the KH seats like this too?

Off topic - siafirede, I noticed you’re going to school in Virginia Tech; I was in Blacksburg a few months ago to look at houses, and I saw some guy unicycling kind of near campus…could this be you?

And also…I know I saw this question in another thread, but I couldn’t find it. What’s the difference between the normal fusion and the air saddle. Is the air saddle better in every way? Are there any disatvantages of having the air saddle, or any extra atvantages of getting the fusion (besides the price)? Also, if the fusion does have any atvantages over the air saddle, what’s the difference between the old fusion and the new gel fusion? Thanks…and sorry if that sounded confusing

Well the fusion saddle has foam in it, the air saddle has an intertube with air. They are the exact same strenght, the only difference is comfort and control really. The air seat is more comfortable for longer rides and some people like them for muni. If you are doing trials, street or freestyle then you will want foam because it is easier to hold and it doesnt squish around. The difference between the fusion and gel is that the fusion is fatter, the gel is thinner profile and I think it has a patch of gel in it somewhere. Thinner is better for trials and freestyle.

You could make your current DX into an air saddle for less money than a new air saddle. You would need to buy a cover (I think the KH fusion is the cheapest, so it would even look like a KH), a 20" innertube and either a air pillow from udc or a sock or something of that nature.

You could make your current DX into an air saddle for less money than a new air saddle. You would need to buy a cover (I think the KH fusion is the cheapest, so it would even look like a KH), a 20" innertube and either a air pillow from udc or a sock or something of that nature.

you dont want an air saddle unless your ass is going to be planted for 60 minutes straight.

“what do i need?” straight cash hommie.

Wow, yeah it was probably me. What houses were you looking at? I used to live close to campus on Clay st. Are you planning on moving to Blacksburg soon?