What did you accomplish in your 1st week unicycling?

After 1 week of unicycling:

I can ride,48 pedals is my record…I think I could manage more if I ventured out of my driveway onto the street.
I can free mount(Sometimes), but rarely can I ride on from a freemount.
I cant really turn yet:(

Is this about right for 1 week of riding? I think I’m doing pretty good :slight_smile:

Here’s my answer to that. :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: Congrats my friend.

From what i can remember, i could do

• Freemount badly :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Could turn but as not as good as i am now. Which is obvious. :smiley:
  • Ride 20-30 metres
    and yeah :smiley: :smiley:

Dude that rocks your so much better than me after my first week. Keep it up that is awesome 48pedals after the first week mine was probably around 15-20max. Dude don’t worry about the turing if you are that good you sould get that no problem :). Also welcome to the forums!:smiley:

Congrats on the progress this far!

Absaloutely nothing, took three months before I could ride any distance atall.

Thanks, and thanks for the welcome :slight_smile:

Keep practicing and you’ll realize the secret to unicycling. IT"S FUN TO DO. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

And you stuck with it, awesome.:slight_smile:

Sometimes when I’m riding I start thinking how crazy it is that I’m riding on 1 wheel lol. It feels wrong somehow lol:)

How could something that brings so much joy and happiness to you be wrong?? :smiley: :smiley:

Me too.

But at least you’re riding better then when you started, right?? :smiley: :smiley:

The first week, I could ride forever as long as there was no wind. I could also hop and do 180s.

Very nice. :smiley:

Yep, 5 years later I’ve owned 6 unis (still got four of them), been on 7 uniing holidays, competed in international competition, been on TV, met hundreds of unicyclists inlcuding some famous ones.

Same for me…

I have an inspiring unicycle story:

My gf’s dad pulled his old unicycle out of the shed and I watched as he effortlessly rode it around the pool. I went out the following day and bought this Action-piece-of-junk unicycle. I rode for 6 hours, 3 days in a row. After that I could ride, steer, and hop.

…that wasn’t as inspirational as I intended it to be.

After 7 days of practice (literally!:smiley: ) I could ride forever, some short but steep hills, and freemount %90 of the time on flat and %50 on slanted slopes (both ways). On the 6ish day I started to ride backwards but broke my arm… I got it next week though:) .

After a week… I was at about 10-12 turns… No hope of freemounting.

After 3 weeks I could ride…

Another week after that I could freemount most of the time…

I rode about 1-2 hours average a day, maybe 5 days a week…

Keld

We got together for a couple hours each Sunday for about 4 weeks and after that I could make it across the basketball court. Then it got cold and we stopped riding until spring.

That was a couple years ago, but I don’t ride all too much so I pretty much go forward and hop a bit…play some uni-frisbee and ride some trails. I’ve considered actually working on some trials stuff, but I don’t think the 20" Sun would hold up to it and the 26" Nimbus is a bit of a beast.

…oh…and then there’s the 25 hours of vet and grad school…right…may take me some time to make lvl 10…

In my first week I could get on my unicycle while holding on to somthing, I could probably ride a short distance from my starting point, and I could catch the unucylce when I fell, wich you know, thats progress…

1st week: about 20 feet.

Yeah. I didn’t practice much for my first 3 months or so. This is how you can tell.